engine oil coolers

Arran

Afternoon all

since coming back from the nurburgring ive thought alot about oil temperatures on track and fast road, il be getting an oil temp gauge in the near future and pretty sure I want to get an oil cooler aswell, my question for those in the know is what one to get and who actually make them ie ams mishimoto etc

my criteria is as follows for getting the right setup

I run silkolene pro s 5w3o oil with a hks sports oil filter, car will be doing a few trackdays and occassional fast road use

I want to run a thermostatic cooler aswell and one that has enough outlets on the plate to plumb in a temp gauge

Anybody help out with this?

Cheers

arran

Get a thermostat in the sandwich plate,(high flow one) then I would recommend getting a cooler 10-15row for an NA car with AN10fittings, then a couple of metres of Braided hose & some AN10 fittings (get the pipe & cooler first, test fit it & work out what angle fittings you will need)

The reason I recommend AN10 fittings is that you can cut & connect the hoses wherever you want so you won`t have any excess hose to try & tuck away anywhere. Try not to run long lengths of hose as this may result in reduced oil pressure. & always check the OVERALL Dims of the cooler your buying to ensure it will fit. Most of us fix the cooler to the underside of the crash bar.

So make a custom kit really then, I was looking at the mishimoto ones at 345 for a thermostatic one but believe thats actually quite expensive?

Also the two plates that sit in the grill mouth eitherside I take it you have to remove these to create more airflow to the cooler and area in general

Does anyone know what size the sensor port is on the mocal 92 degree thermostatic plate is? Im looking at an oil temp gauge which has a 1/8npt fitment

i know the block fitment is m20x1.5 on it just need to know the sensor port size

Looks like the driftworks kit is winning just need that final info