New Boots

Dizzy

Came home to find these had been delivered.

post-17480-0-68664400-1373488995_thumb.jpg

Finally can get rid of those awful Auto grip ditch finders, should look get Rays refurbed before fitting and wheel alignment either way its going to drive a lot better..!!

Came home to find these had been delivered.

post-17480-0-68664400-1373488995_thumb.jpg

Finally can get rid of those awful Auto grip ditch finders, should look get Rays refurbed before fitting and wheel alignment either way its going to drive a lot better..!!

What tyres are they mate? Cant quite see :wheelchair:

I haven't had my Zed too long and its's got some relatively new Avon ZZ3's on the rears

The fronts are the OEM Bridgestones which will need replacing very soon.

Having seen all the references that it is not preferable to mix tyres, I've been thinking of getting ZZ3's on the front.

I would like to know your opinion of them, could you please keep us updated

I haven't had my Zed too long and its's got some relatively new Avon ZZ3's on the rears

The fronts are the OEM Bridgestones which will need replacing very soon.

Having seen all the references that it is not preferable to mix tyres, I've been thinking of getting ZZ3's on the front.

I would like to know your opinion of them, could you please keep us updated

Yeah will do , looking to get them fitted early August..

• 5 months later...

Finally got round to getting these fitted, took longer than planned due to working abroad, but well worth the wait, they have totaly transformed

the feel of the Zed, so much more positive etc.

I'd gotten so used to those awful Auto Grips wanting to go straight on round corners, wasnt exspecting this level of improvment.

Very happy.

I have now replaced the original OEM Bridgestone fronts with Avon XX3, so I now have Avons all round. As you say, transforms the handling of the Zed, with no more stability programme interventions! Guess I'll have to start saving up now for those MPSS when these wear out!

Always heard ppl say Avons are cheap and nasty but you both seem happy it will be replacing all 4 before she goes back on the road and had discounted these but It seems that are not too bad how do they stack up on price and in compareison to others

Edited by fellsteruk

The ZZ3 is a cracking dry tyre and average in the wet, the down side is the wear rate is quite high...

As posted elsewhere on the forum some sizes in the ZZ3 range are being discontinued with 245/45/18 being one of them. Avon now reccommend the ZZ5 but although it is sold as a performance tyre it performs better in the wet to the detriment of dry grip.

Its called targeted marketing, we are not who they are aiming at any longer, its the BMW / Audi man with more money (according to the marketing people) and a family to keep safe on a wet motorway...

Shame really...