Motordyne ART pipes?

350Butcher

Following on from my last thread about controlling my volume to be track day friendly.

Has anyone gone from running straight through decats to the motordyne ART pipes? What sort of reductions in volume do these offer?

I know they are expensive but so is getting thrown off track days!!

I went from running horsham silenced decats which wernt very silenced lol to art pipes and the difference is night and day

Whilst the silenced ones sounded great they were far too loud so got motordyne art pipes and the sound is even better as they are a far better design but alot quieter at the same time

I went from running horsham silenced decats which wernt very silenced lol to art pipes and the difference is night and day

Whilst the silenced ones sounded great they were far too loud so got motordyne art pipes and the sound is even better as they are a far better design but alot quieter at the same time

I've got headers, Motordyne V2 ART pipes with a Miltek y pipe back exhaust and my zed is bordering on quiet. Mind you I had a very loud set up with the K1 so its relative.

BTW I didn't note much difference in sound from my unsilenced decats to ART pipe.

Cheers for your replies

Arran, whats the rest of your exhaust setup?

GT4 Zed, I don't think anything will make a K1 noticeably quieter! Did you run the straight decats and the ART pipes with your Miltek or only with the K1?

GT4 Zed, I don't think anything will make a K1 noticeably quieter! Did you run the straight decats and the ART pipes with your Miltek or only with the K1?

Bennet's K1 setup was: headers, bag of nails, K1. ;)

Glad you changed it buddy, I can follow you at Wales next year without getting Tinitus!

EDIT: Skip to 2:30... embedding doesn't work with the &t=150s option for youtube. :rant:

Edited by HaydnH

My setup is standard manifolds, art pipes followed by cobra 3" resonated cat back

Sounds so brutal!

Soon the be swapping the cobra for the true dual invidia gemini and hopefully some tomei expreme v2 manifolds to go with the art pipes

Cheers for that, found it and had a read and a listen, got some really nice mods on your car a few I'd like to do myself too

You must be fairly local to me from the places you're going around, I'm in Frimley so I'll keep my eyes out for you

Arran, not far at all. Its nice when you get to that point where a cars where you want it

Well I shall see if these take the edge off (plus hopefully add a bit of torque) as I've ordered a pair of ART pipes today. Cheers for everyones comments on this