Anyone tried Putting a normal sub box in Bose location?

flamez

Personally I'd always recommend a full box there. Some of made use of the metal plate and built a box behind but I can't say I'm overly impressed with a metal front - can igve a "rattle" sound which drives me mad!

You can def get a JL audio 8" sub in with a perfect dimension box. Apparently you can get 10" sub in as well but I suspect only shallow magnets and I do wonder if the dimensions would be small. I wanted to get a 10" Alpine in but looks at maybe now changing to 8" JL. I reckon 15 would be virtually impossible and though you could maybe "model" a 12 in it I suspect it'll need to stick out quite a bit.

update:

got a 10" Re audio sub in a custom made box fitted in the bose location firing upwards today. I managed to get 0.7cuft volume so its just enough for a ported 10, although havnt cut a port in yet so its a sealed enclosure for now.

its wired up @ 0.5 ohm to get the max power out of the bose. The compartment was rattling somewhere so i think it needs deadening/sound proofing.

It was annoying me with the rattling so I took the sub out and stuck it in the boot :cloud9: Much better sound and louder. Its really dropping some lows out nicely, I'm not sure how many watts the bose amp is but its doing the job!

I'm assuming its getting some cabin gain back there. Im now thinking to abandon the bose compartment altogether even though i wanted to keep all my boot space and keep it stealth.

Edited by flamez

the box in the diagram is a bit small you can go alot wider as the opening is around 18 inches at the front.

@veilside any pics/link, trying to picture what you mean?

Its the one Plummerman found the link for. http://item.mobilewe...Id=250664954351 After its fitted you can fit your original bose speaker panel back into place and its all hidden away. :teeth:

that looks nice, pretty much similar to what i have had built, minus the bolt on panel.

if i saw that before i would have ordered it, how much does it come in with shipping?

Think it was 100 dollars for the shipping, its bloody solid in weight.. So 200 dollars in total.. Lot of cash for a piece of wood though..

If anyone want to make a fiberglass mould etc there welcome.. Will be a while before it gets fitted

What type of RE you running? A few years ago I had a RE XXX v3 15" in a 4cuft box and port tuned to 33hz. It was awesome!

Yeah I have run a few XXX's in my BMW amazing subs used to set off car alarms with the ported one!

This one is only an SR10 I borrowed from my brother, its a dual 4 so I had to use an accumatch to drop it down to 0.5ohms to get the full power out of the Bose amp ;)

Think it was 100 dollars for the shipping, its bloody solid in weight.. So 200 dollars in total.. Lot of cash for a piece of wood though..

If anyone want to make a fiberglass mould etc there welcome.. Will be a while before it gets fitted

Wow lucky you didn't get stung for import duty as well then lol.

Edited by flamez