Garage set ups

theheff

My parents' garage is carpeted and they have just knocked down the workshop part and moved the crap forward so no room for the Zed. Mike's garage has been painted white walls (with thin foam sheets as its so narrow the supra passenger side is parked about 2cm away from the wall so you can get out of the driver's side lol) and blue floor with a snap on box at the back and a second floor built into the eaves to house all the detailing stuff, random car parts and camping/show stuff.

Il look at painting the walls white cheers,didn't think about noise lol Il find out when it comes back i guess! Some good garage ideas going on, i was just trying to utilise space and get a sea of z parts out of my gfs face haha

managed to get some flooring that my work were just throwing away so into the car it went to lay down later

Edited by jumping350

I had a custom built workshop at my old house. 25ft square if i remember rightly. Could fit 3 cars in there easily and still get around them to work on them. Had it all kitted out with electrics, 3hp air compressor, all the gear. Was planning on fitting a hydrollic lift, but then we ended up moving to another house, so now I only have a 18ft square "double" garage. Can just about squeeze one car in, plus my 3 motorbikes & gym equipment. :(

First thing I usually do is re-wire it all, putting lots of sockets everywhere im likely to need them - trickle charges, compressors, bench tools etc.. I fit a new consumer unit and lots of lighting. I paint the walls next - usually just use cheapie emulsion. I tend to go for magnolia as it makes the place bright, but feel warmer than just white. I also give the floors a few coats of polyurethane floor paint - toolstation sell it cheap for massive drums. All keeps the place dust free and easier to clean.