Car covers (outdoor)

essces56

I regularly use a cover on my roadster, with no problems.

It is best to get a 3 layer, breathable type, with a very soft inner layer which won't scratch the body work.

The cover should be breathable, to prevent condensation onto the body work.

The cover should also have strong elasticated edging to ensure a good fit and prevent it lifting in windy weather. Most covers come with additional under the car straps to secure it.

I'll check to see which website I got mine from.

Thanks for replies - unfortunately it isn't just a question of bird crap but more to do with a profusion of pine needles which seem to have the penetrative capability of a Doctor's digit and end up in every available orifice, to say nothing of tree sap which creates a delightful coating of sticky paste all over the bodywork and the hood. Perhaps a bomb shelter would be better.

I recently looked into an outdoor cover. Contacted Ultimate Finish and the advice was that as long as the car is clean prior to fitting and you use a breathable, quality cover then there should be no dramas :)

• 8 months later...

Well I came to the conclusion that bomb shelters were in short supply so I bought a Cover Zone Stormforce 4 layer car cover which was on the car from November to March, while I went on my escape-the-english-winter jaunt for unreconstructed wimps. The recent unveiling ceremony revealed the car in the same pristine nick in which I left it. Also removed the battery and left it with the local garage and left some plastic trays full of salt inside the car (caravaners' trick apparently) :)

I almost spent £150 on the stormforce cover for my VX220, but spent £40 on the halfords 4 layer unbranded version instead, which is pretty much the same thing - worked a treat, didn't scratch the car, stayed attached and on the car, absolutely nothing wrong with the car every time it came off.