Hard to Start, CEL, Slip

Cozzi

I currently have starting issues on my Zed, I have done a few searches on this site and others, seems a common question asked with no real definitive solution due to people not replying after the issues sorted.

The Car takes 5+ seconds turning the key to start, the Engine Check light, Slip and TCS lights are on 75% of the time but was told that could be the sports cats, and very occasionally the 'Slip' light flashes while driving and I seem to loose power as if it thinks im breaking traction and cutting power?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sound like it could be 1 of the Camshaft position sensors that has failed.

I noticed you've already posted in atkins666 thread who had similar issues.

The only way you'll know for sure is to get the fault codes read.

I hope it's not too expensive to sort.

Got the same issue ran my code reader came up with p0340 bank 1 camshaft sensor, purchased a sensor from Zmanalex on here hopefully it will solve it as a recall in the USA stated early models had issue in sensor circuit boards, will let you know how i get on as i hope its not a wiring loom issue.

Got the same issue ran my code reader came up with p0340 bank 1 camshaft sensor, purchased a sensor from Zmanalex on here hopefully it will solve it as a recall in the USA stated early models had issue in sensor circuit boards, will let you know how i get on as i hope its not a wiring loom issue.

Thanks!

Sounds like that could be the culprit.... Worth trying to clean and reconnect them?

How much were they to buy if you dont mind me asking?

Will do thanks, Ill have to get my hands on an OBD fault code scanner.

You should be able to read the codes doing the pedal dance (it's in the guides somewhere...) Top tip - film the flashes so you can reer to it afterwards.

• Like 1

Did an ECU reset after the above, then another test and got the following.....

10 long flashes, 3 4 10

P0340 CMP (Cam Shaft Position) Sensor (Phase)

?

Edited by Cozzi

• 1 month later...

By the way, I looked on many sites for the answer to this and for future reference for others.....!

Changing the Cam shaft position sensor sorted this. Starts at the turn of the key now, no waiting and no more EML etc

• Like 2