**ENDED** do not fall for this idiot....

Removed

I bought this from the seller the last time it was listed and it was actually very informative. Most things on any car can be found out from the forums on the net but to be honest a lot is trial and error and you can't always trust the source. I have done the modification and it works, and for the record does not require any fuses to be pulled from the car and therefore none of the side affects that have been documented by doing so are apparent. For example the rear lights and ABS still function as normal. If £45 saves me the risk and effort of making a potentially costly mistake then im all for it, car electrics baffle me. Ive looked on the US forums and they are full of people talking around the solutions for things but there aren't many who actually do it and post full instructions. If you don't want to pay then take time to find out for yourself. Personally i think it was a good deal. and im very happy with what i got and what it does. Its excactly what it says on the tin so to speak. The seller was also very helpful and clearly had done his homework. :thumbs: everyone has their own opinions.

I somehow feel that the seller is very close to your heart, great first post ;)

I stand by my advice, to anyone who wants to completely disable the VDC. The info is out there, no need to waste £45 :dry:

I bought this from the seller the last time it was listed and it was actually very informative.

funnily enough how can you have bought this off the guy if he's sold his last item May 2005? :lol:

thats far more complicated than the instructions i got. See worth the money, if you value a stress free life at just £45. :yahoo:

yea, you keep telling yourself that :teeth:

I have a fantastic product for sale that will make your life a thousand times better, reduce stress, kill moss on your lawn, make you more attractive to the opposite sex, thinner, brainier and will get you promoted at work.

It normally retails at £299.99 but I can let you have it for only £150 !

PM me and I shall give you my Paypal address B)

i would but i paid good money for the information and its not very fair on the poor guy who you are flaming. Ive seen far worse on ebay lol and as you rightly said its freely available on the net anyway. Not wanting to rub anyone up the wrong way but he wants £45 for gods sake its a £25000 car, £45 is a drop in the ocean if this is what you really want to do. I looked at some forums and took some of my car apart before just deciding to buy the info for myself as i didn't want to mess everything up by rushing in ham fisted when i didn't really have a clue and although people said it could be done, none were prepared to guarantee it 100%. Id be paranoid about faulty airbags and stuff. Not worth it for saving £45 .

oh yeah and ive just looked at that information posted on the link. For all that hassle that will only partially disengage the system (tried it already) its just an automatic way of pressing the button with a load of stress thrown into the mix. Simpler for the same result, press the button.

come on mate just tell us it's you selling the info and we might let you off..... ;) if not why don't you contact the seller and point him in this direction so he can defend himself? ;) this community is free to join ;)

PS what Z you got?

thats far more complicated than the instructions i got. See worth the money, if you value a stress free life at just £45. :yahoo:

yea, you keep telling yourself that :teeth:

I have a fantastic product for sale that will make your life a thousand times better, reduce stress, kill moss on your lawn, make you more attractive to the opposite sex, thinner, brainier and will get you promoted at work.

It normally retails at £299.99 but I can let you have it for only £150 !

PM me and I shall give you my Paypal address B)

PM sent.

:lol:

oops look what i found on a free forum....

VDC OFF Two ways:

1. Unplug the master TCS/ABS fuse under the hood. You lose all three systems: VDC, TCS, and ABS. I believe you may also lose your instruments.

2. Unplug the yaw sensor under the center console. Or, cut the 12v lead going to the yaw sensor and add a switch. This disables TCS and VDC completely, while retaining ABS and your instrument panel. The VDC OFF TCS SLIP lights will be on.

Looks like nr2 is the solution sold here.... ;)

More info on nr2:

The hard part is getting the panels off. One you have access to the module (do not unscrew it!) then you can simply unplug the harness. Drive around like that for a few days and see if you like it. If you do, then decide if you want it to be a "fixed" mod, ie. just leave it unplugged.. or "selectable", meaning you wire in a toggle switch. Then it's just a matter of locating the switch somewhere nice, cleanly drilling a hole, and then install the switch.

Switches are easy installs. Especially for simple on/off purposes where you're not worried about amperage in the circuit. This is a low power lead. I'd guess 5amp max, if that. Probably just 1amp. Radio Shack sells toggle switches in a ton of different styles for very cheap ($.50 - $3.00/switch, depending on the style).

A toggle switch has two connections. You cut the wire, then basically just put the switch inbetween the cut and reconnect. It's a simple switch on a simple circuit. No relays, nothing fancy.

You need to be able to solder. But if you have a steady hand a about 15 minutes to practice then it is very easy.

If you get into this then PM me. I can walk you through the basics of electrical stuff to put you at ease.

If you want to confirm the wire without bothering with voltmeter testing, just call your local dealer, ask for the service dept, and ask them which wire is the 12v power lead for the yaw sensor mounted on the center console. If they ask why you want to know then just say you are curious. But they will tell you which wire. Should be the orange one though.

Don't pay a shop to do this. If you can cut a wire and if you can solder then you can wire in a switch no problem.

Cheers,

no believe it or not its not me selling it lol. I don't think i could be bothered selling something like that on ebay, (obviously it doesn't make many friends lol) but it was good info. anyway, i don't know if the results are for everyone anyway as he is aiming at a very small area of the market with the info. For me it came at the right time as to be honest i found the car a bit dissapointing. My old car was a very highly tuned mini cooper s and the feedback that i was used to was far in excess of what i was getting from the Z (and was considering selling it, within the first 2 months of ownership). The power delivery was better too and i was really amazed just how much the car was being artificially ruined by the stability control. For me the results were a godsend and as a result have given me the inclination to go for the APS twin turbo kit in the next few weeks. Ive only had my car for 6 months now so you should be seeing a bit more of me here.

Guest prescience

Fair play to you perrin you've stuck to your guns in the face of a fair amount of flak - I'd say you've passed initiation LOL. Sounds like u did whau u did having thought it thru; keep us posted on developments :D

i think that even if this guy hasn't made his millions with this information he has succeeded in bringing its information back into the spotlight here. So for that he deserves to be applauded hehehe . Now all and sundry can get the results for themselves for free although, i can still see the value that he was charging for as ive still got my car. Maybe im just used to spending money for positive gains i can notice. I still see it as a bargain. Now everyones happy B)

I agree with you Perrin as such, It’s the service that you receive for your money that counts to you not the information, if it is well explained and with a help contact to talk you through the stages you have a right to feel its money well spent.

We see this all the time at pcworld memory chips £30 and £25 for fitting, (we in computers know it’s a screwdriver and a slot to house it and 2 minutes) but they make a big issue (notice how big the tec areas are) “come back in one hourâ€