Windscreen replacement?

HmmBen

Unfortunately I've now got a cracked screen which required replacement. Has anyone had any good experience with National Windscreens as they are my insurers prefered provider however I have not heard good things.

Also I have been told that the 350 is a bit of a pain and can take up to 4 Hours which meabs that I cant get it done by a mobile fitter and instead have to go to them.

Many Thanks

Ben

The replacement will only be as good as the fitter, so you could get lucky and get someone decent with NW or you could get a duffer. For the sake of ease, I'd just let whoever my insurer recommended do it.

Had mine done around 2 weeks ago as it was cracked. The guy did it on my driveway so if they tell you to take it in, thats rubbish. The guy took no more than 2 hours on mine & that included us having a brew and putting the world to right halfway though :)

Yep mine was done by a mobile fitter, make sure they get the screen and the fitting surround too ;)

Definitely not a 4hr job...

I 've never had any experience of National Windscreens, the company my insurance insisted I use on my S14 was AutoGlass and I couldn't fault them at all. A mobile fitter came round and explained the process in quite a lot of detail, took his time, didn't leave any mess and earned the couple of mugs of tea I made him. I must admit a mate of mine didn't have the same experience with National Windscreens and wouldn't use them again except if his insurance company was insistent that they were used.

Well I'm giving them a go tomorrow morning so will see. I dont hold out a great deal of hope so i'm ready to complain if its not right. I initially rang Auto Glass but they said it would cost more as they were not my insurance recommended fitter. I'll let you know how it goes.

National windscreen done mine 1h.30 , top guy. even got his hoover out and done the mats .where his feet had been in the foot well,plus where the trim came off clean off the crap from the inside before putting them back.

There are some people out ther that have a bit of pride in what they do