Lost key disaster

cs2000

Hey guys, so I've been out all day doing jobs in my partners car as its cheap to run, got back home and "oh $hit, where's the zed keys??"

I've called all the places I've visited today, checked her car and her place and they haven't shown themselfs.

Luckily I have the small key with the tag on it so i do still have access to the car but I was hoping someone had a central locking key they could sell me.

I'm really after the electronics inside as I can get blank key cases and blades from eBay but no transponder inside.

Would really appreciate anyone's help. Il update you if they do turn up of course :)

Chris

No mark I haven't, may be an idea seeing as he's 2 seconds away.

Cheers Kyle, if the RT thing fails I have messaged the seller to check too.

Bloody keys! im going to invest in a Bluetooth key tracker now, seeing as this is the 2nd time I've done this :(

Bloody keys! im going to invest in a Bluetooth key tracker now, seeing as this is the 2nd time I've done this :(

Or go low tech and either get a Secret Key ( magnetic box that attaches somewhere onto metal body) or get a key ring and attach a lanyard to it, then loop the lanyard through the belt hoops on your jeans/trousers/ cargo pants or hang it from your neck

Meh, ive bought the key above from eBay. Will hope it turns up by Tuesday as im on holiday from Wednesday and kind of need the car. I do have the "valet key" but it sets the alarm off every time I open the door ! lol

Will do, the key shop ive used before tend to charge about a fiver for cutting. It comes with a "blank chip" so says the aiuction so im guessing I can use the method in the service manual to link it to the car :shrug:

The manual instructions are only to get the keyless entry to work, you'll still need a locksmiths or nissan dealer to add the key code to the ecu or cod the key from the ecu, I can't remember which for the zed but I think the former.