SRS Mystery - Passenger Seat?

OsakaBen

Well, my airbag light is on. This has gone from an annoyance to a full blown show stopper since the new MOT regulations state this is now a fail.

Unfortunately, a simple reset will not work as its not a flashing - it's a constant light.

I've done some research and it seems under the central console there is a SRS unit that logs certain incidents and malfunctions which throws the light. Plugging a normal OBD reader into the car shows no faults. I've checked all connections under both seats and the only issue seems to be a white plug disconnected near the front of the passenger seat. Is this normal? On the driver seat it's connected but I thought it was the tilt function that the passenger seat doesn't have.

I can send the SRS away and have it reset (either by nissan or a 3rd party.)

But I must fix the problem first, and I won't know if I have fixed it until its reset.....it's a @*!# situation :(

If the srs unit itself is bad....that's £1500 gone.

Help Zedders!!

I'm new to this forum but have been a Z owner since 2005. My comments relate to US-spec cars, but your car is probably similar.

A steady AIR BAG light can indicate one of several faults:

a. Deployed Air bag

b. Deployed seat belt tensioner

c. Sensor unit malfunction

d. Power supply circuit malfunction

e. Warning light circuit malfunction

If you have a Service Manual you can review the wiring diagrams and check the circuits. As for the disconnected plug under the passenger seat, how may pin slots does it have and how many are actually in use?

Karl

2005 Enthusiast 6MT