Windscreen washers

smudgedon

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, if you unclip the pipe and still get nothing the pumps dead (or jammed, limescale??)

The headlamp washer is attached to the bottle on the passenger side of the car, windscreen washer motor is on the drivers side bottle :)

Yep, if you unclip the pipe and still get nothing the pumps dead (or jammed, limescale??)

The headlamp washer is attached to the bottle on the passenger side of the car, windscreen washer motor is on the drivers side bottle :)

I thought it was the other way round? Reason being when Abbey fitted the supercharger they did away with the drivers side as no room for air filter and induction pipes. Hence I now have no headlight washers:)

Wait, there's 2 bottles?

Lol

Wait, there's 2 bottles?

Lol yes, you fill up the drivers side bottle and a pipe (which you can see exiting one bottle and leading to another) takes the fluid to the other bottle, headlamp washers stop working when the main bottle is about half full iirc ;)

The two circles show the bottles, ive stolen a photo from Horsham Developments build thred and highlighted the washer bottle locations :)

oil20cooler20bumper20off.jpg

I thought it was the other way round? Reason being when Abbey fitted the supercharger they did away with the drivers side as no room for air filter and induction pipes. Hence I now have no headlight washers:)

Well, my headlamp washers didn't work when i bought the car, so I bought a washer motor from a member on the club, replaced the motor in the passenger side bottle and I had headlamp washers again, the windscreen ones worked fine all that time. Unless this changed between car models, mines a UK 04 plate.

I suspect they either relocated the bottle, OR, did some jiggery pokery and make the whole system run off of the smaller bottle that's on the passenger side. I guess anyway.

Edited by cs2000

Yeah looks the same as the headlamp washer one (and VERY cheap if that's a genuine part), aside from the inlet nozzle in pointed upwards on that one (which is correct). FYI, the inlet nozzle is the larger one, I think the smaller one is a breather pipe or something :shrug:

On the passenger side bottle there is a large clip holding the washer motor to the bottle, I assume its the same for the divers side, if so just undo this with a number 10 socket set/spanner and pull(may be hard) to remove the pump from the bottle, you will now be covered in wash fluid!

To put it back together, you should have a rubber grommet type thing on the inlet nozzle on the old broken washer pump, pull this off and put it in the hole on the washer bottle (don't fit it onto the pump as you wont be able to get it into the bottle this way, trust me...lol)

Then simply shove your new pump into the hole in the bottle/rubber grommet, connect the plug to the motor and test it, if all works well then tighten up the holding bracket.

Its about a 15-20 min job assuming you can get to the pump without too much hassle, the passenger side one is very easy.

Edited by cs2000