Kenwood DNX9210BT install into 2005 GT4

DuttyFusion

Nothing overly spectacular but I'm very happy with the result! :)

I should point out that I didn't carry out the install myself. I used http://incartec.co.uk to help identify what I needed and then went to a garage in Shirley (Hampshire) which charged me £90 for the install. I thought it was a reasonable price as I watched a few 'HOWTO' videos on YouTube and the 350z does look a bit tricky to take apart - But that might just be my lack of experience.

Anyway, here's the result!

1015181_10152919013875182_208916626_o.jpg

Looks good :thumbs:

However its annoying that so many DD's don't have CD access without the moving screen as it pops out a cm or so from the dash, but looks much better. Hard compromise.

Looks good, i decided against a screen in mine as i didn't think i'd use it. They look much nicer than non screen double dins though.

Hows the volume after the install? have you read the thread about Busters RCA mod, i'm yet to do mine but apparently sounds much louder.

Looks good, i decided against a screen in mine as i didn't think i'd use it. They look much nicer than non screen double dins though.

Hows the volume after the install? have you read the thread about Busters RCA mod, i'm yet to do mine but apparently sounds much louder.

Haven't read that yet no, but I will when I get home from work!

Volume is great. I spent around 30 minutes going through all the settings (as you do). It seemed a bit low at first (35 is the max the unit goes too and it was loud, but not over the top). Then I saw that by default, the unit was on a very low volume setting so put it around the midway mark and now it plays at a nice level without having to max out the volume.

The quality is fantastic as well. The unit itself was quite expensive but worth every penny from what I've seen already - Very happy!

Great album you're palying there dude :thumbs: How are you finding the reposnse of the unit? I have the (I think) slightly older 9260 unit and it's soooo sluggish.

I do love a bit of Pantera to help me wake up for work! ;)

The system is pretty fast. It seems to take around 10-15 seconds (after the initial splash screen) before it's fully responsive, although I work in computing so I was expecting a bit of 'turn-on lag'!

Great album you're palying there dude :thumbs: How are you finding the reposnse of the unit? I have the (I think) slightly older 9260 unit and it's soooo sluggish.

I do love a bit of Pantera to help me wake up for work! ;)

The system is pretty fast. It seems to take around 10-15 seconds (after the initial splash screen) before it's fully responsive, although I work in computing so I was expecting a bit of 'turn-on lag'!

Interesting, Kenwood must have sorted out the software a bit then - the 9260 response time when navigating menus is terrible! Was hoping a software update would fix it but it's still the same only now my unit won't remember to store itself at -1 degree screen angle! Glad you're enjoying your unit though mate, and looks B)

Edited by Sized