Black Front Bumper Reflectors

The Bounty Bar Kid

How would I acheive this on a HR 350z? I'm thinking that I have a few options:

• Spray original ones with tint spray,
  • Buy clear white ones and then spray with tint spray,
  • Wrap them with vinyl or the like,
  • Source black reflectors (as this would look best and still act as a reflector, but where can I get this from?)

Any advice on this would be great. Hated the fact that in Wales, mine was one of the very very few with the stock orange reflectors. Need to get this changed.

TBBK aka Dips.

really?.... i just looked and they are £84.99 on the bay and £80 on the forum..... hey i dont need them as i already have a set... im off out to the states in a couple of weeks and could bring some back but if they are too much then i wont bother... more room in my case for other stuff :teeth:

Should work yes. Id be very surprised if you could get HR reflectors for that kind of money. Ive not seen them for much less then £80 anywhere, nevermind tinted ones!

Oops. Looked at a USA set. Yep Steve @ Redline's is £84.99 or £80 for forum members

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

I had the same problem some years back as the reflectors were both limited and expensive, so I fabricated something different.

Nothing unusual about mesh, but it can look a bit rubbish if it's just slapped across the back of a gap and everything else is visible through the hole. To appear factory original, as I'd had on other cars, it needs to be shaped, and the back needs filling in to hide bright washer bottles etc that show through. I used the original reflector to create the shape for the mesh, then colour coded it to match the front slats. Some matt black plastic recessed in the hole blanks off the gaps. It's not as bright as the camera makes it appear.

th_009-1_zpsec53d493.jpg

th_005-2_zps53a9ec7b.jpg

th_002_zps1d873b84.jpg

Edited by Watshot