Anyone done a headlight bulb change to 8000k?

mehdiaj

Im not too keen on the lights on my 06 350z, the xenons seem to be a bit too white/yellow for my liking. im assuming they are around 6000k bulbs, i have had a look and i see they are D2R bulbs i believe? id be looking to go to 8000k bulbs as i believe the slight white/blue will complement the car alot more

just wanted to know if anyone has changed them? and if they have any warning lights that came on? and lastly any pics?

i would be looking at buying the HIDS4U kit, as i have had them in the past and the quality is brilliant and they have a 2year warranty!

Med

I changed mine few months ago, definitely an improvement! And yes, they are D2R ones!

Now just need to upgrade my full beam to HID as even it's bright, but looks too yellow now compared to main beam

Standard are 4300k because they're proven to give off the most light, the higher you go the more light you're compromising for a more blue (or purple if you go high enough) look. I went for 6000k for a good compromise between both, they look great and don't look chavvy which you run the risk of (IMO) if you go too high!

Standard are 4300k because they're proven to give off the most light, the higher you go the more light you're compromising for a more blue (or purple if you go high enough) look. I went for 6000k for a good compromise between both, they look great and don't look chavvy which you run the risk of (IMO) if you go too high!

+1

3000k = still bright, but very yellow

4300k = brightest, OE HID color, white with a slight hint of yellow

5000k = still bright, white with a hint of blue

6000k = noticeably less bright, fairly blue

8000k+ = don't even think about it - way too dim and way too blue/purple

If you think 8k is too dim you have either never seen them are blind. 12k I would agree.

Got this from another site and was more to illustrate what others have said, I guess like all things it's a matter of taste, i have some 6000k 8000k and 10000k samples to fit so time will tell which I prefer.

+1

3000k = still bright, but very yellow

4300k = brightest, OE HID color, white with a slight hint of yellow

5000k = still bright, white with a hint of blue

6000k = noticeably less bright, fairly blue

8000k+ = don't even think about it - way too dim and way too blue/purple

I've had 4300k, 8000k and 10000k, and i would update the list with the following personally:

4300k = Yellow!

8000k = Perfect white similar light output to 4300k

10000k = White with a slight hint of blue. Less light output than 8000k, but not terrible.

I think the highest lumen output is at 4300K and decreases as you go up in color temp.

All you're effectively doing by increasing bulb color temp is decrease lumen output and those blue colors will strain your eyes faster.

Edited by ir655

Just get the bulbs off eBay - only about a tenner each.

I've got 10000k in mine and they're a lovely colour... Go for them!

do you have any pics of yours?

and also if anyone has any pics of theirs with the 8K bulbs in?

i need to change mine ASAP lol, is it a hard job?

Bumper off, headlights out to replace bulbs! Took me about 1hr! I've adjusted the throw of light as well, as it was pretty low...you might want to do that as well while you got lights out

Bumper off, headlights out to replace bulbs! Took me about 1hr! I've adjusted the throw of light as well, as it was pretty low...you might want to do that as well while you got lights out

Or you can go through the plastic wheel fenders, like I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD