Scorpion/Cobra advice needed

Haymaker

Hey guys,

So I have not even picked my 350z up yet but I am already looking at exhausts!! lol

I have been doing a bit of digging around and I was looking to go for scorpion as it seems it is not too droney and it sounds nice and is reasonably priced.

Now I have also heard some clips of the cobra resonated and I also quite like the sound of it.

How do these two exhausts match up in terms of build quality, the note it produces and how loud it is in and outside the cabin.

What I am looking for ideally is an exhaust that does not drone in the cabin on the motorway, is not overly loud when pottering around town, but sounds nice when you give the car some beans. Any input is appreciated.

Also is it worth getting the Y pipe? what are the benefits of this and how much louder will it make it?

Edited by Haymaker

The Scorpion is a good step up from the OEM system, as is the Cobra system too, both are well made and fit without issues, and neither are too disruptive in the cabin, very easy to live with daily for long and short journeys.

Always worth adding the Y pipe, as the OEM ones tend to fail on the flexis, we've seen more and more suffering when we've had them in the workshop.

I would go for the Cobra Sport resonated, as this seems to fit the bill on the above, and you can also add their Y to the system too, which keeps everything consistent... :)

Also, with the Cobra you also have the option of choosing the tailpipe option too, have a look here for some of the Cobra systems we have supplied and fitted - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63096-cobra-sports-exhaust-from-cougar-store/ :)

You can also see the Scorpion system here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/16672-scorpion-exhaust-from-cougar-store-350z/

Drop us a call or email if you need any further info, always happy to help... :)

I have a scorpion fitted, fairly easy to fit yourself with a set of ramps. There's no drone on the motorway etc. It sounds great, fairly quiet at low revs but when you want to be loud, you can :D im sure either exhaust will be a great choice

I had the k1 before and thats a totally different beast, I kind of miss it at times :p

Hey chaps,

Thanks for the help, I think I am leaning towards the Cobra as you can choose the tail pipe which is cool and if the Y pipe is Cobra I may as well keep it all one brand.

Unfortunately looks as though I will not be picking the car up as soon as I anticipated as the private plate transfer is probably going to take longer than I initially predicted.

So will hold off on ordering the system for now but only until the guy has the new log book and we have agreed a definite pick up date. So hopefully I will be in contact shortly cougar store to get a Cobra system sorted :)

Thanks again

Edited by Haymaker

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently got the Cobra System and can recommend it. Sounds great at low and high revs.. Sure the Scorpion is fine too though.

If you can afford it get the Y too. One filtting cost and less to worry about in the future.

Or go for the CATS as well lol