350Z to what????

DannyP

My mates a mechanic aswell and he's had a few in with oil pump failers and they have two oil pumps I think one of them new was 1k, I've always wanted a 3.0 tdi remapped there 280bhp and loads of torque :)

What? I find the handling good.

Plenty of grip but horrible chassis balance and handling. Also i find the ride in them pretty terrible. I can see why people like them as they have decent interiors and strong engines, not forgetting the all important audi status. But i wouldn't recommend one to the OP if he wants something fun.

I've never found it a problem and the ride is much more refined to the likes of seat's, grips good handling is controllable and predictable I don't see where your opinion is coming from but let's just agree to disagree.

Wow thanks for all the help!

I think my mind got made up when I rang a garage to ask what px they would offer me. 5.5k :headhurt: you must be joking. I will end up getting more debt to change, I was hoping almost straight swap. So I think the plan now is hold out until Sept when I get a payrise, then in Feb my loan is paid off. Any short comings I have a couple of grand saved up. After Feb should be plain sailing.

At least this way I get to keep the Zed, and as it is so sh-it re-sale I'll just run it into the ground over the next 5 years or so. They last ages anyway, how many miles has SMDs done now?

After that I'm sure the 370 will be a bit cheaper as well. Pray I never leave a Zed :teeth:

Edited by DannyP

I work in sales for Seat, so if you are leaning towards them, give me a bell and ill get you as much dollar off as i can.

if you were to choose a Leon, ild go for a new Leon, so much of an upgrade over the previous model. the interor is a nicer place to be. Prehaps wait for the 3dr to come out? they should be a good handling car.

For day to day driving, they are easy, comfortable, and the power is there when you need it. Ive been really impressed with the DSG gearbox.

Thought about the Seat exeo? bit of a wildcard i know, but they're affordable, as many extras as say a top end Audi A4, just with a different set of headlights. get the black leather interor and the auto diesel 2.0 and i doubt you'll find a nicer place to be with the money spent.

nothing is going to put a smile on your face like the 350z though.

thought about buying a early import for around 5k and using the rest of the money to run it for a year or two?

What? I find the handling good.

Plenty of grip but horrible chassis balance and handling. Also i find the ride in them pretty terrible. I can see why people like them as they have decent interiors and strong engines, not forgetting the all important audi status. But i wouldn't recommend one to the OP if he wants something fun.

Have to agree.

I've just px'd my a3 s line sportback Which I had for 4 years and although that's the longest I've kept a car for overall I was disappointed after coming from the fabia vrs.

The s line ride is crashy and the car never came anywhere close to being entertaining. Although there were good levels of grip, none of it could be felt through the steering wheel.

The fabia was overall a better car in my opinion and even though engines etc are shared with Audi servicing costs were far cheaper!

You could get a good VRS for 5.5k ;)