Skint, Channel 4 now!

stuarty

Historically, the only reason for Scensored.gifhorpe to be the centre for steel manufacture was the closeness of the Yorkshire coal mines and the local iron ore and limestone deposits. The Sheffield Family (David Cameron's wife) exploited the local natural resources which resulted in the five villages being combined to form the town of Scensored.gifhorpe and every thing was hunky-dory for about 100 years.

The iron ore ran out and the coal mines were closed in the 1980s and the steel works started to import materials and continue production in an unsustainable fashion. It was then bought by Tata (Indian company I think) and the need for Scensored.gifhorpe as a steel producing town diminished.

Presently the Sheffield family makes lots of money by allowing wind turbines to be built on family land to the north of Scensored.gifhorpe at Normanby and the surrounding area.

IMHO the best thing that could happen (but never will) is for Scensored.gifhorpe to be put back to how it was pre 1850 i.e. the 5 villages of Scensored.gifhorpe, Frodingham, Crosby, Brumby and Ashby.

Historically, the only reason for Scensored.gifhorpe to be the centre for steel manufacture was the closeness of the Yorkshire coal mines and the local iron ore and limestone deposits. The Sheffield Family (David Cameron's wife) exploited the local natural resources which resulted in the five villages being combined to form the town of Scensored.gifhorpe and every thing was hunky-dory for about 100 years.

The iron ore ran out and the coal mines were closed in the 1980s and the steel works started to import materials and continue production in an unsustainable fashion. It was then bought by Tata (Indian company I think) and the need for Scensored.gifhorpe as a steel producing town diminished.

Presently the Sheffield family makes lots of money by allowing wind turbines to be built on family land to the north of Scensored.gifhorpe at Normanby and the surrounding area.

IMHO the best thing that could happen (but never will) is for Scensored.gifhorpe to be put back to how it was pre 1850 i.e. the 5 villages of Scensored.gifhorpe, Frodingham, Crosby, Brumby and Ashby.

Didnt know you were that old! Lol. But some good information there.

• Like 1