Bournemouth Tyre Company recomendations please

Fisherking

Driving home from work today, turning left off a roundabout in 3rd, dab of acceleration and SNAP :scare: - backend comes completely round with no warning, verging on a spin. However by some miracle I manage to hold it on the edge of 90 degrees, momentum taking me closer and closer to the edge of the road (luckily it's duel carriage and there's no one in the next lane) I am sliding down the road off-side 1st. I accept that I am basically just a passenger and that "this is going to hurt" when by some stroke of luck the car suddenly comes back to me. Though so suddenly it has spun me the opposite way so I am now sliding down the road near-side 1st, although at a lesser angle. I manage again to hold this and eventually get the car under control, albeit after some heavy fishtailing.

Suffice to say I was pretty shook up when I got home.

I was hoping to wear the crappy Autogrip tyres (They were on the car when I bought it) down a bit more before I bit the bullet with new tyres but after this experience and others similar (but not so dramatic) and after reading so much bad stuff about them I think I am on borrowed time before I have a serious accident. I have no trust at all of them in the wet now.

:surrender: So I am going to raid the credit card (well Mrs Fisherking's card) for new MPSS tyres asap.

Any recommendations of tyre fitters in Bournemouth?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by Fisherking

Hey Matt,

I'll double check the name of the garage in a sec, behind the Colonial Petrol station in Ferndown. Very friendly guys, I bought tyres from Camskill as they are usually always the cheapest place....these guys could've beaten Camskill for price by £5 on fronts and over )15 rears!! The guy said he never puts markup prices on his tyres as he can't compete with local companies. He makes his money fitting them - which is £15 per tyre. This isn't too bad though for fit,valves and balance etc.

Matt :)

I managed to get a good quote of approx £750 for 4x MPSS inc fitting, balancing etc from Christchurch Tyre company which I was happy with. Hope to have them fitted by this time next week :D

Thanks all for your suggestions

Matt