cleaning pop charger

bamdc2

Hi,

I want to clean my pop charger and it seems that the K&N filter and oil cleaner is the kit for the job.

But I am getting a little confused as I have read about having to get the right kit depending on whether the filter is paper or foam?? :wacko:

This is the one I am looking at:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Complete-Filter-Oil-Cleaner-Service-Kit-99-5050-/370770965495?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5653abf3f7#ht_1753wt_1065

Is this the right kit?

I suppose that's what you need... don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have what I think is an OEM air filter (K&N) with a panel filter. I want to clean it, but don't have any kits. Anything everyday I can use to clean it?

For the cost of a new filter (and I mean just the filter, not the whole kit) and the risk of overoiling and damaging the much more expensive MAF, I'd just change the filter for a new one and be done with it. £50 a year isn't going to break the bank, and it'll arguably give better filtration than one you've cleaned up yourself.

I used the K&N service kit on my JWT popcharger without any issues. It comes with a spray cleaner so depending how clean/old your filter is, it maybe worth spraying/cleaning twice before applying the oil.

Bear in mind the K&N oil is red, so your blue filter wont be blue anymore.

Apply the oil sparingly and allow it to soak into the filter as long as possible. Just let the filter stand overnight if poss.

RS8055. If you've got an OEM panel filter, it's designed to be thrown away at the respective service intervals. It 'can' be cleaned with an air loine etc. If it's a K&N (can't make out which from your post) then it's designed to be cleaned and reused.

The kit in the OP post can be used on all filters other than foam/sponge ones.

• Like 1

I googled "JWT popcharger air intake air intake cleaner" PDF shows pics and has instructions, I don't know about paper / foam but I would be suprised if you could wash a paper filter. Tempted to buy new personally if not to dear.

• Like 1