Engine limits....

OsakaBen

Well, I'm not planning on going above 400 whp on the stock engine, however I see a lot of people saying the engine is only good for 400ish and then you must forge.

Seeing threads like this : http://m.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156639&styleid=69

Makes me wonder...where does this information come from? Who said its only good for 400? Does everyone blow up over 450? Searching I find very little on blown motors.

I know really it's the torque that destroys the VQ, but again, that's only what I've heard.

Am I being stupid? Is there a dead answer with loads of technical jargon that makes cranking up your horsepower to 600 an instant bang?

Haha it's a fair argument that the stock injectors can't handle too much more, but with larger injectors and a correct tune, why can't I just blow out 1000bhp.

I'm trying to educate myself here, I obviously don't know enough about engines. I'm sure somebody will be along soon to explain and call me an idiot haha

• 1 month later...