roadster hood waterproofing?

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi All

My 2005 JDM roadster is going to have some waterproofing added to the roof material. I think its vinyl?

When it rains the roof stays wet a long time after, so I am assuming some water repellant is needed?

What to use on a vinyl roof...there are lots out there but would like to do it right please.

Thanks

JohnUKVetteNut

Yes I assume its vinyl as its defo not a soft cloth finish (felt..mohair etc) but a very hard material and I think there are only 2 types?

Am i right in saying its vinyl???

JohnUKvetteNut

TBH i'm not sure mate, my Zed was a coupe, but i have a Z4 now and i'm also on the look out for roof products!

Hi All

just to say another Zforum ( sorry guys) have confirmed that ALL Roadsters come from Japan and have the VINYL top as standard. Later aftermarket replacements can be cloth/fabric. Also the aforesaid forum do recomend a water based treatment for vinyl tops ( Renovo was mentioned) and not to use any fabric restorer kit of kits that they say are ok for both fabric and vinyl.

Anyone know any firm that does "at home" hood restoration in Norfolk

Cheers

JohnUKVetteNut