Headlight misting

AliveBoy

Sorry if this has been covered before, I've searched for "headlight misting" "headlight fog" "headlight clouding" and even "headlight" and couldn't see anything relevant.

My headlights cloud up each year and they are getting progressively worse. It just seems to be the top layer of plastic fading from exposure to UV rays. Whenever it starts to get bad I give it a bit of a rub with t-cut and it removes the clouding but it then comes back a few months later. Anyone got any miracle ideas? I've seen some kits, but they involve sanding the light surface down and I don't really want to do that.

I've just picked my car up from the bodyshop after a front end respray and the garage decided to machine polish my headlights for me as a bonus.

That has worked well on my lights, before that i had applied various polishes etc by hand without much success.

Light sanding and re-buffing up the lights with an orbital polisher is probably the only permanant solution.

Can anyone point me in the direction (link would be super) of the appropriate style polishing pad/drill bit for strapping on and going in hard on the headlamps with some metal polish. I've got a buffing type wheel but it's a pain to use it as the moving surface is perpendicular to the drill when in use, ideally I want something that can be used on the end with minimal risk of damage.

Ta.

Can anyone point me in the direction (link would be super) of the appropriate style polishing pad/drill bit for strapping on and going in hard on the headlamps with some metal polish. I've got a buffing type wheel but it's a pain to use it as the moving surface is perpendicular to the drill when in use, ideally I want something that can be used on the end with minimal risk of damage.

Ta.

Comes with the required drill attachment mop thing

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_922499_langId_-1_categoryId_255233