Rear Axle Clicking Prob, Still Loving my Z though !

M350ZB

As discussed to a couple of ppl all ready on here, im getting the clicking noise from the rear axle, when i go to accelerate, it clicks, same in reverse. A well known 350Z problem to all.

I have at long last got it booked in at nissan for this tuesday, i find it funny how one nissan garage say one thing and another says another. Any way, deciding with the better one, its costing £250ish, replacing the nuts,bolts,washers,split pins, re-greasing,e.t.c, all according to the tsb released by nissan. Hopefully this will cure it, otherwise im not going to be a happy man!

Could not belive the worser nissan garage, wanted £350 per side, basically replacing god dam everything, where the other one qouted £250, all in and both sides, replacing the parts according to the tsb. Just shows you they try to make as much money out of you as pos!

Has anyone had there's fixed, replacing all the parts according to the tsb, did it work, or how long for, e.t.c.

If i could get alot of response on this it would be great, just its going in tuesday, and im away till monday night, so please all any help !

As discussed to a couple of ppl all ready on here, im getting the clicking noise from the rear axle, when i go to accelerate, it clicks, same in reverse. A well known 350Z problem to all.

I have at long last got it booked in at nissan for this tuesday, i find it funny how one nissan garage say one thing and another says another. Any way, deciding with the better one, its costing £250ish, replacing the nuts,bolts,washers,split pins, re-greasing,e.t.c, all according to the tsb released by nissan. Hopefully this will cure it, otherwise im not going to be a happy man!

Could not belive the worser nissan garage, wanted £350 per side, basically replacing god dam everything, where the other one qouted £250, all in and both sides, replacing the parts according to the tsb. Just shows you they try to make as much money out of you as pos!

Has anyone had there's fixed, replacing all the parts according to the tsb, did it work, or how long for, e.t.c.

If i could get alot of response on this it would be great, just its going in tuesday, and im away till monday night, so please all any help !

The second garage were not trying to rip you off. What you are talking about are two different fixes for the one problem. The one fix, the one you have chosen, is basically a regrease of the hubs and rotate the shaft 180 degrees. As its only a regrease, the problem will come back in about six months.

The second option is a total replacement of all parts concerned and should be a permanent fix, hence the higher cost.

:)

Guest prescience

It looks to me like both are proposing the TSB fix i.e replacement.

Recall that the TSB mentions nothing about the 180 re-grease IIRC - that is a dealer inspired fix and in no way should that cost any more than £100.

The £250 option looks OK to me :)

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/TSB_04-0 ... _Rear_Axle

Just make sure they replace what the TSB says for the £250

Car in now, regarding the rear axle clicking, i so hope this cures it, costing me £250, not to bad i suppose, but being 20, things are going to have to be tight for a few weeks, lol,

Wish me luck all ?

Car in now, regarding the rear axle clicking, i so hope this cures it, costing me £250, not to bad i suppose, but being 20, things are going to have to be tight for a few weeks, lol,

Wish me luck all ?

Loving your sig but there is an 18yr old zed owner ;)

Wish me luck all ?

Is he on here?

Wish me luck all ?

Is he on here?

OC - hass181 or something similar.

Got my car back and no clicking at all, at long last................ wonder if it will come back :surrender: , but all is good now, still getting the creaking noise, think im going to have to jump in the boot and let my dad drive it, see where it is coming from, only does it when turning left, but not all the time, from the rear somewhere, any idea's ?

I got the same clicking and creaking noises !

I took it back in warranty to get the clicking fixed as per bulletin which worked fine - I know the garage ordered parts to do it so i hope that means that they replaced whatever was wrong rather than just a regrease ?

anyway - still occasionally have the creaking - it only happens occasionally when the back end climbs a curb or similar .. as though it is just a dry rear arm bush or something .. :dry:

is yours the same or does it do it all the time ?

yeah mine is the same, the rear left, when i say mount a kerb, or a slant on the road, i went to nissan and he said something about on the roof one of the welding joints to to big, causing it to creak, but what i think im going to do is jump in the boot and let my dad drive it, to see where it is coming from, have you fixed your creek or ?

I got the same clicking and creaking noises !

I took it back in warranty to get the clicking fixed as per bulletin which worked fine - I know the garage ordered parts to do it so i hope that means that they replaced whatever was wrong rather than just a regrease ?

anyway - still occasionally have the creaking - it only happens occasionally when the back end climbs a curb or similar .. as though it is just a dry rear arm bush or something .. :dry:

is yours the same or does it do it all the time ?

route66... wot parts were ordered & replaced on your axel????...

have you got a copy of the invoice so we can see wot was done......... :thumbs:

Well i got mine fixed what jsut over a week ago i think and all is good, the mechanic knew what he was doing, and was tellign me stories about other's from nissan taking short cuts, was in there for like 5-6 hours though, and yeah the creaking, mine does it say when i go up a slant, or pull on to my drive, sounds like coming from rear left, if you check out my other bulletin, someone has put up a drawing, what im going to try check out tommorrow if the weather is good ?

Got mine done by nissan in southend, three weeks ago, and has not come back yet, the noise was just doing my head in, so had to get mine done, i payed £225 i think it was, and its seemed to stopped the clicking, i have done nearly 1000 miles since so all is looking good, love it :yahoo:

Hi STUEY

sorry for delay -haven't been on for a while and realise it's a bit late now but .. have just had a look for documentation and have nothing - COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT service desk bloke :angry: (WR Davies Stafford) - luckily mechanics seem to be fine- as far as i can gather and remember the parts ordered were something like a set of washers and maybe some nuts ?!?! .. and that was about it - has been about 2.5 months since it was done and sems fine .. not sure if i picked up a tiiin bit of clicking once or twice but nothing like it was anyway.

yeh - with the creaking exactly how others explained it .. wjhen reversing up uneven ground .. looks like that drop link bush needs greasing - will do it when better weather comes !

hope that helps at all.

• 3 weeks later...