Please help Vortech supercharger v-3sci install!! Wrong SS!!!

Spero

Hey everyone I recently installed an Vortech Supercharger and everything went well until i could not figure out why my car would not start, after loads of troubleshooting I finally found out that the second split box (piggy back for the ecu) was for an G35 instead of a 350z and after calling Vortech they said it would not work and i would have to pay 1000 for an 350z SS. Does anyone know where i can get an used 350z vortech ss? or would tuning the stock ecu be cheaper then paying the 1000 for the 350z ss? Thanks for any and all help in advance!!

Did u get that kit off eBay just recently by any chance?

Just looking into SC myself, not the biggest expert, but I think u can just remap oem ecu... And depending on where you live, I would highly reccomend Abbey Motorsport ( as far as I remember, just off J6 of m25)

I actually had a friend recommend them to me and called them about an hour ago and they said they don't like tuning this setup and everything they wanted to install on my engine would cost 2.5k before the tune. I then called Vortech support and asked if this setup could be ran on an stock engine and they said " Yes we have been running this setup on stock engines since 2003 with no problems at all". So my choices right now are either find an old/used Vortech SS box for the 350z or im SOL. Also if you remap the oem ecu do you need a handheld tuner setup before you go get it tuned? Someone was saying you had to buy and Uprev Osiris for about 700 before you can get it tuned because the oem ecu isn't applicable.

the thing is with the S/S box is it detects when boost is applied and fires up the inline secondary fuel pump to provide the fuel for the forced air. it also alters the input readings to the ecu so the ecu thinks its running stock. I don't think you need the Osiris cable, just need an uprev license from abbey. I think the Osiris cable is so you can upload youre own maps and for data logging but not 100% on this. it would be better to ditch the inline fuel pump and go for an uprated in tank fuel pump with a fuel return system and possibly bigger injectors and just get the OEM ecu mapped

So you can tune the OEM ECU? I would like to go for an uprated fuel pump and bigger injectors but im at my absolute cap from buying this S/C and can't really afford much more, also one of the big selling points for me was that it can run on stock engines without upgrading internals, injectors, pumps, etc. and it can do it safely.

the way i see it -yea, it can run on standard engine...but

1. if you remap now, and then decide to add extra bits - as far as i know you would have to get another remap at full cost

2. running on standard fuel pump/injectors - as far as i understand, would make them run at their highest rate...which dont think will last long? Thats why reccoemded to upgrade them to they not used at 100% of their copability...

^^ but as said, thats how i understand t.... only started looking into SC myself, so only managed to read a little bit so far about it!

I guess Abbey's quote was for bigger injectors/upgraded fuel pump/ fuel return system

i can see the temptation of buying a "cheap" second hand charger kit and thinking it wont cost much more than buying it to have a charged zed. im going through the process right now and my chargers due mid next week. I tried to price everything up before ordering and it seemed not too bad but i missed things out and didnt account for some things. im at around 6 grand the now and thats fitting it all myself. im still looking at the best part of another 1.5k til its all up and running :scare: . im just getting the OEM ECU mapped but it can only be done by an uprev tune as far as im aware. the stock DE engine can take upto around 450whp with supporting mods but i wouldnt go that high with the vortech fuelling and stock injectors. where are you located? Abbey motorsport know the 350z inside out and have built many forced induction zeds so in my opinion their the people to talk to :)

How much? Dibs... Depending on price :)

Have you not heard, dibs doesn't apply anymore. You have to stand on your bonnet with your boxers down and shout "I want it". That's the only way in which to secure purchases now. D)

• Like 1

unfortunately, for some unknown reason, when i got on to my bonnet, pulled my pants down and asked walking by people to take a pic - they ran away... ?? :shrug:

but yea... I WANT IT! :lol: