The British and Irish Lions...

Jay

So for all you rugby heads out there, what do you think of the team...... I feel that our front row is extremely poor and the rest of the team...... well, imo there are too many Irish that have not been playing well that have been given the nod.

Discuss:

Full-backs: L Halfpenny, S Hogg, R Kearney

Wings: G North, A Cuthbert, T Bowe, S Maitland

Centres: B O'Driscoll, M Tuilagi, J Roberts, J Davies

Fly-halves: J Sexton, O Farrell

Scrum-halves: C Murray, M Phillips, B Youngs

Props: G Jenkins, C Healy, M Vunipola, A Jones, D Cole, M Stevens

Hookers: D Hartley, R Hibbard, T Youngs

Locks: I Evans, R Gray, AW Jones, P O'Connell, G Parling

Back row: T Croft, T Faletau, J Heaslip, D Lydiate, S O'Brien, J Tipuric, S Warburton (capt).

No Rory Best!!! Outrageous, he's one of the Irish that has been playing well. No James Hook, would've picked him over Farrell, it worries me that Gatland asked Wilkinson and has him on stand by, how does that make the other two feel? Stevens and Vunipola :shrug: Centres, if O'Driscoll gets injured then we're left with bang crash and nothing else really, I'm generally a bit puzzled to be honest.

I would have had Rory best, Kelly brown and then would have had to seriously look into a new front row as stevens is too old and vunipola is too inexperienced and lets face it.....pretty crap in the scrum.

But totally get what you mean about O driscoll as he will be targeted by the Aussies so as you say all we then have is crash ball. I think there will be a few last minute minute call ups.

Yeah Rory Best was unfortunate... I gotta say though, biggest surprise for me was Matt Stevens! Wilko has been playing immensely as well, but I think Halfpenny/Farrell will do the job.

Johnny must have thought "feck that" when Gatland spoke to him, who do the Aussies hate and who plays in a position that would earn a severe beasting for 80 mins? No wonder he said his body wasn't up to it! :surrender:

I like the look of the squad but Stand-Off could be our achilles heel. I would have taken Wilkinson if he made himself available. Sexton needs to find form and avoid injury and we will be alright. Rory Best's ommision is a strange one even though he is out of form I would still have taken him over Tom Youngs. The Aussie front row is a definite weakness (not as bad as it used to be though) to be exploited so if we can dominate them there then everything else will click into place.

People take a look at that squad and think its all about crash, bang and wallop but I think people will be surprised by the skill level of most of those players. It all depends on what kind of game Gatland sets them out to play.

I'm going on the official tour for the 3 test matches and the Melbourne Rebels can so CANNOT WAIT!!!!!