Front and rear Z Badges in SATIN back in stock

JDM Performance

Ok , now they are here, brilliant service I must say.

Now the numpty in me asks, what is the best way of getting the "Nissan" badges off and replacing them with the "Z"

javascript:emoticon(':headhurt:')

Headhurt

This is how Ive done it twice.

Hairdryer - low-medium heat for a breif period, just to try and get the glue tacky (whether it really helps or not I dont know).

Then use dental floss as a cheesewire to "cut" them off.

Ensure you angle the dental floss such that it does NOT run against the bodywork, just the bade itself. (tricky on the front, but just be patient).

It may take half a roll of dental floss depending on how strong it is, and it may also take a while - just be patient.

Once the badge is off, you have some majory picking at the leftover sticky glue/pad to do, dont rub and rub at it with your thumbs/fingers - unless you have super hard fingers or enjoy blisters for a week. - Use your nail (carefuly) and again it will take a while.

Also, applying furniture polish and allowing it to soak into the sticky foam then rubbing with a cloth will make removing the leftover easier - just wipe any excess polish from the bodywork whilst allowing it to soak into the foam.

On the rear badge, before you start I would advise marking the position of the badge by placing masking tape either side and marking points on the masking tape with a pencil. That way you know the new badge will be lined up in the centre without trying to guess it - or measure from either side of the boot.

All in - give yourself 1.5 hours to chage these including making a good job of picking off all the leftover sticky pad/glue from the car left by the existing Nissan badges.

This is how Ive done it twice.

Hairdryer - low-medium heat for a breif period, just to try and get the glue tacky (whether it really helps or not I dont know).

Then use dental floss as a cheesewire to "cut" them off.

Ensure you angle the dental floss such that it does NOT run against the bodywork, just the bade itself. (tricky on the front, but just be patient).

It may take half a roll of dental floss depending on how strong it is, and it may also take a while - just be patient.

Once the badge is off, you have some majory picking at the leftover sticky glue/pad to do, dont rub and rub at it with your thumbs/fingers - unless you have super hard fingers or enjoy blisters for a week. - Use your nail (carefuly) and again it will take a while.

Also, applying furniture polish and allowing it to soak into the sticky foam then rubbing with a cloth will make removing the leftover easier - just wipe any excess polish from the bodywork whilst allowing it to soak into the foam.

On the rear badge, before you start I would advise marking the position of the badge by placing masking tape either side and marking points on the masking tape with a pencil. That way you know the new badge will be lined up in the centre without trying to guess it - or measure from either side of the boot.

All in - give yourself 1.5 hours to chage these including making a good job of picking off all the leftover sticky pad/glue from the car left by the existing Nissan badges.

1.5 hours :scare::surrender:

I used the dental floss method replacing mine :thumbs:

I only had one issue, there were two raised 4mm diameter round bits of plastic under the original badge, ie part of the moulding for the bumper. Needless to say my car only now has one of these :teeth: ....dental floss cuts through plastic ....use carefully :p