Cruise 'set' light

bpmjames

Hi guys I had a search but couldn't find anything. The set light for the cruise control on my zed comes on flashing every now and then. Its never at any same point ie after wide open throttle etc.

Once the car is turned off and back on again it's ok again.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

I can't switch it on or off and it is off when the problem starts.

How can I find out which component is faulty, just tried to read codes while the set light is off and there are no errors so it must be a temporary fault

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

• 6 months later...

Thread revival.

I got this today on the motorway, stopped for a coffee and it went away. In summary, depress cruise button, "cruise" lights up, "set" blinks quickly until cruise button is pressed again (switched off), cruise control refuses to set speed, no error code shown in obd2.

I'm aware there is a micro switch on the clutch, probably another on the brake? I imagine there is something somewhere for throttle too? Can anyone shed any light on inspecting cleaning these bits at all?

Ta.

Theres no switch on the throttle. When cruising you can give it some beans to overtake then let off again and it will revert to cruise speed.

The most likely place id check would definitely be the two micro switches on the pedals. These are normally always pressed, they are activated when the pedal is released, however if the system detects the switch is released (like when you put your foot down on the brake) for a long period of time it will flash the error light and disable the system.

Now. Stu, does your only show the error thingymabob when you press the On/Off switch?

Edited by cs2000

Theres no switch on the throttle. When cruising you can give it some beans to overtake then let off again and it will revert to cruise speed.

The most likely place id check would definitely be the two micro switches on the pedals. These are normally always pressed, they are activated when the pedal is released, however if the system detects the switch is released (like when you put your foot down on the brake) for a long period of time it will flash the error light and disable the system.

Now. Stu, does your only show the error thingymabob when you press the On/Off switch?

Yes.