Conveyancers?

Builder49

I will check my paperwork out tomorrow and let you know roughly how much it cost me a year ago but they quoted up front for all searches and their fees so I'd call around a few local companies

Be aware though I did that and chose the same firm as the seller so it set me back a few weeks as they only clicked when I completed my paperwork even though I'd provided them the property details when requesting a quote and also accepting them to act on my behalf.

in the same position.... am paying £725 + VAT for the conveyancing then you have stamp duty, land registry and searches

was about middle of the road pricing round my way but it was a solicitors that came highly recommended to me by at least three different people so it was a no brainer for me

Ages since I last bought a house....... last time I paid £375 :scare:

But you just have to build the fees into your costs i guess? Just seems a decent time to get into developement, prices are pretty low at the moment.

You just need to ensure that the price you are given is the TOTAL price and not just the conveyancers fee.

The company I use charge about £1,100 all in for a property purchase which is based on an approx legal fee of £599 plus VAT, plus searches, land registry charges and TT fees etc.