Anyone changed oil recently?

SteveW

I changed my oil this weekend and when I bought my filter was told the part number recently changed. The zed still isn't listed on the box still just small engine Almeras etc.

After changing the oil I've noticed the oil pressures have changed or at least seem to be higher now than before.

The engine oil level is at the top mark as always. im using the same oil as always Fuchs Titan Race 5W-40. I see about 60psi at 2000rpm and about 100psi at 4500-5000 when warm and near 120 at 6600, this seems to be higher than normal. Idle however is the same as always at about 30.

Also the gauge now seems more responsive and changing more quickly when blipping the throttle.

Anyone else experienced this with the new part number filter?

Edited by SteveW

If the filter fits and is the same size as the old one, then that's all that matters really.

New oil is thicker than old oil (hence the need to change it for max protection), so you may initially see higher numbers than you're used to. As long as the gauge never reads off either end, it really doesn't matter what goes on in between.