Advice on changing 350z stereo?

gingerslippers

Hi there, I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on the 350z Bose stereo. I have a Pioneer P80BT which I had aimed to install in my Supra but never got around to it. I wondered if it was worth installing in the 350z instead of the Bose double din or is the Bose a better system so not worth changing?

Any help would be great!

I also changed the Bose stereo out. Although I found after putting a Kenwood double din HU in it wasn't quite as loud as the Bose HU - so not sure if I did something wrong or if its just the particular HU I used. At least I can listen to my Iphone and CD's now though :yahoo:

Have a word with Lee Rush at this place I haven't had any work done by them yet as they are in Sheffield a couple of hours drive from me but all the questions that I have e-mailed they have answered within 24 hours & they have a load of awards for all sorts of I.C.E. work on cars their web site is well worth checking out http://www.sourcesounds.com/

Have thought about the Appradio 2 - It's on Amazon for £199 at the moment, a week ago I had mine for £150 from them.

If you have an android phone I second this, once hacked its an excellent unit. Halfords fit for £30 as well, including the parrot and GPS with the head unit

Have thought about the Appradio 2 - It's on Amazon for £199 at the moment, a week ago I had mine for £150 from them.

If you have an android phone I second this, once hacked its an excellent unit. Halfords fit for £30 as well, including the parrot and GPS with the head unit

dude, can you hack the appradio2? I have this in my 350 but how do you hack it and what can you do once its hacked? Or do you mean when you jailbreak the android/Iphone?

Edited by Mooresy14

dude, can you hack the appradio2? I have this in my 350 but how do you hack it and what can you do once its hacked? Or do you mean when you jailbreak the android/Iphone?

you have to have a rooted android phone, and an app called arliberator. It allows you COMPLETE control of your phone from the headunit

I also changed the Bose stereo out. Although I found after putting a Kenwood double din HU in it wasn't quite as loud as the Bose HU - so not sure if I did something wrong or if its just the particular HU I used. At least I can listen to my Iphone and CD's now though :yahoo:

this maybe of help to you.... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58947-reduced-sound-out-put-after-replacing-oe-bose/

Edited by buster

Thanks, turns out that the P80BT I have is incomplete so have just bought a new P800BT. I just want improved sound quality and integrated BlueTooth for my phone so went for the cheaper option.

Being installed on Saturday for £70 so thanks for all your help guys.

Cheers

this maybe of help to you.... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58947-reduced-sound-out-put-after-replacing-oe-bose/