Nissan Stealers have stolen my car!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Took my car in for some warranty work today was told I should have it back by 3pm latest ( I dropped it off at 07:30 )

Parts to be sorted are

1. New Clutch, Clutchplate and Flywheel

2. Hands Free Kit Sorted ( It doesnt work at all )

3. Alarm constantly goes off for no reason

4. Crunching gears between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd ( Suspect caused by clutch )

5. Sidelight out MOT due next month so need it done

All bar sidelight being done under warranty

I rang at 3:15PM and was told that the service desk is busy, I the rang at 4PM and the guy said he would go check on the progress and call me back, he didnt. I rang at 5:30PM and was told that the service desk was busy again. :angry::angry:

Meanwhile im stuck with a bogo Micra sat on the drive looking like a deformed kind of bubble, even my neighbours have asked if id changed the 350z for it :rant:

anyone else had problems with dealer customer service :surrender:

Yes - when I had work done on my previous Z, I was constantly told "it will be ready tomorrow", then, "It will be ready tomorrow" followed by "definitley tomorow".

And so on.

It would appear that some places have completely lost any conception of what customer service is.

On the other hand, the dealers in Eastbourne (Caffyns) that I bought my new one from could not have been better - even gave Tracy a bunch of flowers when we picked the car up. :flowers:

Guest prescience

Not the point Tim though is it - they said they would have it back by 3pm and have left Jimbo hanging without telling him what's going on. Sure they probably screwed up on the estimation :thumbdown:

Not good enough, not by a long chalk :rant:

Name and shame :boxing:

Evans and Halshaw Bedford, cutomer service sucks I was warned about them by a friend who tried to buy a new micra convertible from them and was left standing in the showroom for 20mins with no help. :angry:

She bought from Marshalls in Cambridge in the end and she said they couldnt have been more helpfull. :thumbs:

Not the point Tim though is it - they said they would have it back by 3pm and have left Jimbo hanging without telling him what's going on. Sure they probably screwed up on the estimation :thumbdown:

:thumbs: My point exactly, would only have taken a phone call to say "sorry mister Jimbo your car wont be ready today we will try and get it finished tomorrow"and I wouldnt be moaning about them :thumbdown:

defo, all it would have took to keep Jimbo happy was a phone call..zero communication is a good way to p1ss anyone off :dry:

to be fair though, a hell of a lot of work to be done in a day ,sounds like 3 days work there :blush:

+1... gearbox out is what, 5hrs, then clutch, flywheel....that's 1 day's worth of work right there imo

but they should have kept you informed

to be fair though, a hell of a lot of work to be done in a day ,sounds like 3 days work there :blush:

+1... gearbox out is what, 5hrs, then clutch, flywheel....that's 1 day's worth of work right there imo

but they should have kept you informed

do you want a job as a mechanic?...you will make good money if you can do all that work listed in a day :teeth:

In my opinion, there is no excuse. EVERY garage has details of how long every job will take so if it was more than day then they should have known that to begin with and as others have said, a simple phone call would have resolved it all really!!

do you want a job as a mechanic?...you will make good money if you can do all that work listed in a day :teeth:

I'm not saying repairing the gearbox, just talking about swapping it.

swap gearbox, and change clutch and flywheel is highly doable in 1 day.

Ask away on the US boards and people who do these things themselves will tell you exaclty that ;)

In my opinion, there is no excuse. EVERY garage has details of how long every job will take so if it was more than day then they should have known that to begin with and as others have said, a simple phone call would have resolved it all really!!

True that. The workshop manual provides exact times as to how long a job should take. Any longer and they have to justify it to Nissan to get paid.

I walked out of the last dealer and made a complaint to both the owner and Nissan Ireland because they wanted the car for the day to do a 30 sec job and said they call sometime during the day when done.

Guy

Jimbo is :angry:

Just got a phone call about the car, Nissan will not replace the clutch under warranty as it is slightly worn with no defects apart from that ( aparently ). The dealer has said that I should contest this with Nissan GB because the car has only covered 16,000 miles in its life the clutch should have lasted alot longer. They reckon I should be able to get some costings back.

Its going to cost me £890.24 for the clutch and flywheel to be fitted am really pi55ed off.

I will ring Nissan GB this afternoon and see what they have to say, Trading standards are currently on standby to assist :thumbs:

Took my car in for some warranty work today was told I should have it back by 3pm latest ( I dropped it off at 07:30 )

Parts to be sorted are

1. New Clutch, Clutchplate and Flywheel

2. Hands Free Kit Sorted ( It doesnt work at all )

3. Alarm constantly goes off for no reason

4. Crunching gears between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd ( Suspect caused by clutch )

5. Sidelight out MOT due next month so need it done

All bar sidelight being done under warranty

First off they should never promise what they can't deliver. It was highly unlikely they were going to get that done in a day.

Secondly its common courtesy to keep the customer informed if the car isn't going to be ready in time. Every garage has jobs that run over time, most often due to waiting for parts from third party suppliers, but you should always keep the customer informed.

Thirdly they should never have told you the Clutch was going to be under warranty. Clutches generally are NOT covered under warranty unless there is an obvious manufacturing fault with the unit when it is removed. What they should have told you was they would strip the car down and report.

Bad form in my opinion, but we all make mistakes :)

Right then just been and got the car and low and behold it still has clutch judder, is this a normal thing with 350z`s :surrender:

The gear crunching has gone away huzzzzah and they have fixed my alarm although they say the phone kit is ok and its a problem with my phone, I say B0lloCK5 :boxing: My phone works fine with my nokia kit in my misses car.

The guy at Nissan said he is going to try and get some cash back for me via the warranty people but going to have to wait and see :thumbs: