Nissan Stealers have stolen my car!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Mine has had a slight judder when pulling off in first from day one. The dealer has driven it and recons all zeds do this. He has also said though that excessive judder is down to a faulty damping effect on the dual mass flywheel.

Jimbo,

Mine does it too.............but it shouldn't happen. My local dealer said If I wanted it investigated further, I would have to pay for a new clutch if they looked at it and if the gearbox was thought to be faulty, I would have to pay for a replacement up front and they would then approach Nissan for a refund under warranty but could not confirm they would cough up. I will do the job myself when it gets that bad and put a half decent clutch (Sach's) in, thrust bearing (which if you ask me is half of the problem) and pressure plate in.

Best of luck with it. Feel for you.

Mine has had a slight judder when pulling off in first from day one. The dealer has driven it and recons all zeds do this. He has also said though that excessive judder is down to a faulty damping effect on the dual mass flywheel.

Jimbo,

Mine does it too.............but it shouldn't happen. My local dealer said If I wanted it investigated further, I would have to pay for a new clutch if they looked at it and if the gearbox was thought to be faulty, I would have to pay for a replacement up front and they would then approach Nissan for a refund under warranty but could not confirm they would cough up. I will do the job myself when it gets that bad and put a half decent clutch (Sach's) in, thrust bearing (which if you ask me is half of the problem) and pressure plate in.

What should I do then should I go back winging now or wait to see if they can get me some cash back first?

Jimbo,

What should I do then should I go back winging now or wait to see if they can get me some cash back first?

You could try getting a second opinion from another dealer. Alternatively, you need to make a bit of a nuisance of yourself and see what happens.

Jimbo,

You could try getting a second opinion from another dealer. Alternatively, you need to make a bit of a nuisance of yourself and see what happens.

:thumbs: On it, one angry Jimbo and flying toys comming from my pram in all directions. :boxing:

Right.....

Went in as I couldnt get anyone on the phone again :rant: and explained that the car was exactly the same as before the new parts were fitted.

I asked to inspect my old parts and that the current parts are replaced as I still have the original fault. The clutch was worn beyond belief I mean it had started to take out the rivets there were no groves left or anything and the middle was completely blue and purple from heat :boxing:

Any way got the mechanic who fitted my bits and bobs to do a test drive and he said " Ooooo thats not right, must be a manufacturing fault on this " :angry::angry:

The Nissan dealer promptly ordered replacement parts and said it would all be done asap, meanwhile im ok to drive the nifty around. :yahoo: anythings better than a micra.

I then rang Nissan Warranty people and shouted and said how unacceptable this was as how do we not know the clutch fitted to my nifty was not faulty when installed causing premature wear :scare: They said that they needed the dealer to explain that the cause of the failure was from a defect and not from diver abuse ( please bear in mind my car has done 16K with one previous lady owner and its still on it original tyres )

The dealer said we did state exactly that and that the warranty people are just trying to get out of paying. :angry:

The dealer is going to chase for me so ill keep you all updated when I know more. :thumbs:

Guest prescience

@ the driver abuse comment ...

the Z is a sports car, it should be able to be driven as such, that's the whole point isn't it; there should be no amojnt of abuse that is not acceptable short of repeated tracking or 1/4 mile passes. Any use on the road should be acceptable or am I missing something?

the Z is a sports car, it should be able to be driven as such, that's the whole point isn't it; there should be no amojnt of abuse that is not acceptable short of repeated tracking or 1/4 mile passes. Any use on the road should be acceptable or am I missing something?

I can see what your getting at but they can't build an indestructible clutch ! If your hard on it, it's going to wear out quicker than if your not, and someone who lives in a city and powers away from traffic lights all day long is going to get through one quicker than someone who lives out of town. Thats exactly why they usually are not covered under warranty.

Guest prescience

I can see what your getting at but they can't build an indestructible clutch ! If your hard on it, it's going to wear out quicker than if your not, and someone who lives in a city and powers away from traffic lights all day long is going to get through one quicker than someone who lives out of town. Thats exactly why they usually are not covered under warranty.

I see your angle too but broadening the point slightly, there are aftermarket clutch/flywheel set-ups out there which for the Z for a few hundred pounds would be able to last more than 16k miles whatever the road abuse (many are used on high Hp FI and TT set-ups and give long mileages). Why do Nissan not fit a clutch that can live up to the expectations of an enthusiastic driver and such that wear at these ridiculously mileages would not even be considered as being driver abuse?

It would not put more than £300 incremental to the cost of the car IMO - let's hope the 07 has this sorted, but I doubt it

Certainly seems excessive wear regardless of driver use. Mine hasn't had the easiest life in the world, however it hasn't given up (touch wood) yet and is just short of 34k.

Good luck Jimbo.

Why do Nissan not fit a clutch that can live up to the expectations of an enthusiastic driver and such that wear at these ridiculously mileages would not even be considered as being driver abuse?

It would not put more than £300 incremental to the cost of the car IMO - let's hope the 07 has this sorted, but I doubt it

As always with these things it comes down to cost. Nissan have chosen a clutch that they think is up to the job and came within budget.

To be fair to Nissan the clutch isn't a common failing at low mileage - as far as I am aware - so I guess Nissan don't see a problem.

We recently had a young lady with a Metro Convertible who had a new clutch about 2 months ago. She was back last week needing another clutch. When we removed it the clutch was totally burnt out, I mean completely fried. When we spoke to the lady she told us the car had an idling problem and spent most of its life doing 3000 rpm...so in effect she was doing a grand prix start every time she set off ! We reset the idle speed and showed her how to do it for herself next time it stuck at 3000rpm. Its a 30 second adjustment that will save her a fortune in clutches :)

It just shows how quickly a clutch can expire if its given a hard life.

How many times a day do you see people changing into reverse, not engaging the clutch fully and giving it a good grinding. And not just once. They go at it over and over. Or engaging reverse before the car has come to a complete stop. Or holding the car stationary in gear on a hill rather than using the handbrake.

I couldn't care a less when a car is advertised as "One careful owner" or "One lady driver". The clutch could be on its way out from any gobshite and really needs to be tested before purchasing.

You don't need to blast off the line at the lights to bust the clutch. In fact I would expect more damage do of been done by “one careful ownerâ€

Argument I had was that it went in for major clutch judder no slipping or any signs of a worn clutch, I had a new clutch clutch plate and fly wheel fitted and the car is exactly the same, this is the argument ive got with Nissan why should I pay £900 for a car thats no different. :rant:

As for the person I bought the car from I was a passanger in the car with her driving and she seemed like she was ok she wasnt elderly in anyway anddrove it perfectly fine, There is an Issue with the clutch plate which caused premature wear even the Nissan mechanic said it :headhurt: