Juddering from front wheels

Shane Brede

Hi all I'm new to rear wheel drive & traction control hope you can help when I turn in tight to a corner it feels like my front wheels are trying to slid then grip ( causing juddering unless I put in more power ) is this caused by the traction control or are my wheels out as the owners manual says that the wheels have to be set at a certain angle & I have only had my Z a couple of months & don't know if they are at the right setting thanks for any help.

If your tyres are good then a full laser alignment wouldn't hurt :thumbs:

+1 Sounds like the way to go ! Youve had the Z a couple of months...............your going to have a great time with the car ! "EVERY" time you take it out ..... a smile will be on your face ! All the best

yeah crap mixed tyres (front / rear) caused this on mine. after the garage i bought it from put 2 new (crap) tyres on the back before i picked it up. seems to be a common problem. it may be something else but if you have mixed tyres i would say that's why.

• Like 1

If your tyres are good then a full laser alignment wouldn't hurt :thumbs:

I've just had this done and it's certainly helped. Although that's not why I had it done.

Still there though, so possibly discs? Sigh, more money!

I had juddering from my car when attempting hard cornering.

(completely shameless plug) took it up to CS ( cougar store ) you can find them on here,

Turned out i had some partially worm PAS Pipes.

Andy worked his magic and to this day not experienced the issue again.

sorry should have included a way to check, duh!

open the pas reservoir, and then get someone else to move the steering wheel from left to right, while the power is on of course.

if you see bubbles in the fluid, you have an issue.

Edited by Jaz 350z

Thanks for the advice all I checked the tyres & they all seem to be wearing OK but they did put some cheap new ones on the rear when I bought it as the old ones failed the MOT so I have mixed pairs front & back ( It might cost me but maybe a new full set all round & the angle & balancing before I go to Scotland in july is the way to go ) cheers :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

For future reference for others who have this problem I went to see my mate Phil at Phil's tyres of Peterborough and we noticed that the front tyres were 7 years old ( previous owner used only as a summer toy ) and the load rating on the cheap rears was so hi that the tyres had no play in them and were skipping out at 15 MPH on roundabouts,after fitting a full set on new conti's the car is a dream to drive ( or will be after I get the radiator fans to work again ) also thanks to the boys at Cougar store for the advice on the fan problem :thumbs:

Maybe the previous owner sold it because he thought there was something wrong, bonus for you though, just a nice new set of tyres to sort things out. Always amazes me how long people hold on to their tyres. Last year a chap at the gas station asked for help with his tyres as they weren't holding pressure. You should have seen how old and crusty the tyres were, and cracked. :wacko:

Glad you got it sorted. :)

I had juddering from my car when attempting hard cornering.

(completely shameless plug) took it up to CS ( cougar store ) you can find them on here,

Turned out i had some partially worm PAS Pipes.

Andy worked his magic and to this day not experienced the issue again.

sorry should have included a way to check, duh!

open the pas reservoir, and then get someone else to move the steering wheel from left to right, while the power is on of course.

if you see bubbles in the fluid, you have an issue.

I'm having a similar problem on mine too .. so will give this a go!

My PAS has become slightly noisier when turning so hopefully this is the cause..

Thanks ...