First Proper Clean of the Year...

The Bounty Bar Kid

That is pretty epic , car looks great, do you really have to do all that in that order? That's why mine looks like its always been driven through a forest, what's the 2 bucket method? Is it like my method, chuck a bucket of water over it smear the dirt everywhere chuck another bucket of water over, give up and go inside

Yes has to be done in that order, but if I had more time I would have done more. Like a glaze, or taking alloy wheels off to clean thoroughly so you eat your dinner off them. Next time. Just before Wales I'll do that.

I didn't even touch the interior. Thats at least another two hours.

Paint correction didn't come out as well as planned. Will need to improve my skills and try again. Happy with my first attempt though.

do you really have to do all that in that order?

Another really important aspect, is always use clean cloths and don't use a circular motion to apply or remove product.

I carry about 10 towels in my bag, and everything gets washed after every use. Didn't know about the circular motion thing though.

How do you get the endurance gel to look matt - every time i do it, it comes out shiny

Use the applicator and don't smother it on. Use sparingly.

i'm possibly using too much then - I apply it with a kitchen sponge (the one with the green scourer on the back (don't use the scourer though))

If you put too much wax on the applicator, it will go on streaky. Which may not be evident when finished waxing, but with some products you'll end up with white streaks when it rains over the thicker areas of wax. ;) Depends on the quality and type of the product.