Picture Request

Shaun1982

Shaun, as you know I've recently fitted Teins and I guess they're still settling at the mo, but I've not had any issues with my lip on speed bumps etc (yet).

I think the main problem (if it can be called a 'problem') with a lip, certainly the Nismo style one like mine, isn't the fact of how low it is (as it isn't really much, if any lower than the OEM bumper), more the fact of how far it pokes out to the front.

If you're going up or down a slope, it'll effectively hit the slope a little bit sooner, as it's 'extended' the nose of your car.

Difficult putting in words - I hope you get what I mean! :)

Edited by 14N

Shaun, as you know I've recently fitted Teins and I guess they're still settling at the mo, but I've not had any issues with my lip on speed bumps etc (yet).

I think the main problem (if it can be called a 'problem') with a lip, certainly the Nismo style one like mine, isn't the fact of how low it is (as it isn't really much, if any lower than the OEM bumper), more the fact of how far it pokes out to the front.

If you're going up or down a slope, it'll effectively hit the slope a little bit sooner, as it's 'extended' the nose of your car.

Difficult putting in words - I hope you get what I mean! :)

That is a good point, one that I have failed to think of when considering a lip!

• Like 1

I've scraped my lip in a couple of multi storey car parks when going down the exit ramps, but generally don't have to many issues.

I got mine from Tarmac and it's made of a flexible material which helps and is forgiving if you do catch it. I think some of the cheaper ones on fleabay are fibreglass and/or resin, so could shatter if faced with something solid.

You're welcome to have a gander at mine if you're going to Japfest. My springs will have well and truely settled by then too! :thumbs:

Yeah if you look at the eBay sellers other items, he has a Zed listed too - which is also in the Zeds for sale section.

Think the eBay listing originally had a BIN of £125 plus p&p, but you can get them from Camskill for £135.

I'd make him a decent offer dude. (Mention you're a forum member). It's a gamble as its a no reserve auction, so you could both potentially end up happy :)

Well, I'll keep my figers crossed for you bud :thumbs: Hopefully you'll be wearing a skirt soon....... :p

And as requested, I took a piccie just for you :)

Sideshot_zpsad123e93.jpg

Springs have only been on 4 days, so may still settle down a little. But I'm on 19's with Teins. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well, I'll keep my figers crossed for you bud :thumbs: Hopefully you'll be wearing a skirt soon....... :p

And as requested, I took a piccie just for you :)

Sideshot_zpsad123e93.jpg

Springs have only been on 4 days, so may still settle down a little. But I'm on 19's with Teins. :thumbs:

funny never looked like 19" last sunday :stir:

funny never looked like 19" last sunday :stir:

Shhhh, did anyone hear that? I'm sure I heard some.... oh sorry Kev, didn't hear you sneak up with your JDM zorst :stir:

And bugger off with your 20's :p

Cheers Shaun. I'm chuffed to bits how it's all come together now :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

I told you next time you see me ill just be running it with y pipe no back box you and ben are picking on my poor jap girl :surrender: plus who wants a loud exhaust its auto and probably sound pants with the gear change noise