Newbie Washer Jets Not Working

jamesmonk

Hi All,

New to the forum so I guess Hello! :)

Was hoping for a little advice on a problem I've got. I've had my 350z for about a year now, a few weeks ago the front washer jets stopped working (rear and headlights are fine). From looking on here I checked the non-return valve and the Y connector (not sure what it's called), I presume with both of these off water should come out of the pipe and if it's still not working then it's the pump that's gone and that there's nothing else that needs checking/replacing?

Thanks in advance,

James

Quick update: I bought a new pump which I've just fitted. Pump is now making a noise when I try and use the front washers but still no water coming from them. Disconnected pipe from the non return valve and still nothing?! Any ideas?!

Try disconnecting the pipe from the pump, I've never seen it but I'm assuming there's a pipe coming directly out of the pump. You should see Water then. Unless there is a blockage in the bottle which the old owner didn't realise and kept trying the washers hence why the motor died? :shrug:

Well as you have replaced the pump (and can now hear it turning) the last thing it can be is a blockage in the bottle or an earlier pipe as I suggested. As I say, get the wheel plastics off again, unplug the tube (that takes the washer fluid up, through the 1 way valve and through the jets) from the motor itself and operate the wash then. if you STILL get nothing, there's something jammed in the bottle I would think, or you have no screen wash :p

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking at this thread, I've got the washer pump problem too.

Have checked the Y-pipe and nrv, but there's no sound or fluid coming out.

Am going to change the front pump with the cheap one off euro car parts, but the rear is gone too and I can't find one for sale anywhere, expect the really expensive Nissan OEM part.

Anyone know where to get a rear pump?

Or can I swap the connector off my old rear one to fit a front pump?

• 1 month later...