That stud on the front discs?

Supratad

Today, I've had my discs skimmed and received new pads and shims from Alex, but what is the little stud for on my Brembo discs?

And..... there is only one on the O/S disc, and just a threaded hole on the N/S disc, surely both sides should have one, shouldn't they?

Aaaand....is there a previous thread on drum brake handbrake setup, re the barrel adjuster?

The stud is so you don't put the wheels on the wrong way round - front to back most owners just remove when they fit aftermarket wheels.

Ref the handbrake adjust until the rear disk/drum slides on - test handbrake - if further adjustment is required line the hole in the disk up with the handbrake barrel adjuster and using a large flat bladed screwdriver move the adjuster - check handbrake - realise you moved the adjuster the wrong way and try again - repeat on both sides until happy.

Please do this with both back wheels in the air and the car out of gear :thumbs:

Could be wrong but I thought the stud was for loosening discs that had got jammed on the wheel hub.

On mine you could unscrew the stud and a rubber(?) sleeve came off, then just screw the stud back in and eventually the disc just pops off. I had one on each disc.

Worked really well.

Thanks for answering.

Do you mean, to prevent someone putting the back wheels on the front, or putting the wheel on so the inside faces out?

Front to back I don't think you could put them on inside out even on purpose and if anyone did it by mistake I'm surprised they made it past puberty :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1