Another 'Carputer' Ideal

dave1221

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my idea with you for a car pc set up. I just ordered a Android mini PC from Amazon for connecting to my TV at home and I started thinking whether it could be applied to a car set up. The item in question is this dual core Android stick which houses the operating system with wifi & bluetooth:

http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=mk809

MK809-II-Android-4-1-Mini-PC-TV-Stick-Rockchip-RK3066-1-6GHz-Cortex-A9-Dual_zps767dc637.jpg

Now i have found a double DIN touchscreen unit which I am hoping would connect to the 350z stereo harnesses via the incartec converter, it has a HDMI input to allow connection to the Google stick:

http://www.carcomput...-screen-monitor

7__double_DIN_in_4bd4bfcc075f1.jpg

Rearjpg4bd4bff335dca_zpsedba390f.jpg

The idea would be to be able to run music, apps, and possibly sat nav through the screen if there is a compatible GPS device for the PC (it has a built in full size USB port)

Are there any guys on here who are more in the know than myself think this would work?

you can use a wireless mouse and keyboard with the mini PC or you can get one of these:

51vEufmfjeL._SL500_.jpg

But the idea was to use the Touchscreen functionality of the headunit if it could utilise it.

Edited by dave1221

The screen costs £189 and is 7", Would it not work out cheaper to just mod a tablet instead? The are normally around that size.

There is that option, but I don’t really fancy the hassle when this would probably look neater. I want it to integrate with the speakers and steering wheel controls if possible - without the need to do the Bose hack.

Just got a 16gb nexus 7 for just over £100 on ebay.

This will be the basis of mine.

I like the idea of being able to dock it and take it out and use it as a tablet.

Fast responsive and very good first impressions.

Will prob get a smashed screen 32gb for a few quid to upgrade the capacity.

Just got a 16gb nexus 7 for just over £100 on ebay.

This will be the basis of mine.

I like the idea of being able to dock it and take it out and use it as a tablet.

Fast responsive and very good first impressions.

Will prob get a smashed screen 32gb for a few quid to upgrade the capacity.

If it had USB or an SD slot I would have one already :doh: