I *THINK* ive been caught Speeding in excess of over 100

Seabee

Does their opinion not need to be supported by a witness... Ie another policeman, or the equipment in the car.

Like I said, INAL. This is based on boredom at work and sitting on the SP&L section of piston heads

Nope, nothing. Supporting evidence is nice but not needed. You only need two types of evidence (copper or equipment) in bonnie Scotland.

Sorry for snapping, I'm tired and hungover :blush:

Seabee,

Close the thread M8. You can only get so much advise on this. And in all honesty some of it is leading you up the garden path to a large pile of manure at the bottom of it. I refer you to my original answer.

Forget it M8, it's over. You'll have a stroke worrying like that !!!

It's Sunday. If you're not working get out in your Z. Oh ! And choose your roads carefully.

Enjoy...,

Seabee,

Close the thread M8. You can only get so much advice on this. And in all honesty some of it is leading you up the garden path to a large pile of manure at the bottom of it. I refer you to my original answer.

Forget it M8, it's over. You'll have a stroke worrying like that !!!

It's Sunday. If you're not working get out in your Z. Oh ! And choose your roads carefully.

Enjoy...,

I wouldn't recommend stopping for any car that doesn't have flashing blue lights. If a police officer is trained and working in a role where they are expected to stop motorists, the police force will give a nice shiny car with blues. Anything less and it could be anyone sat behind the wheel! :thumbs:

Im pretty sure they need 2 officers to do a bust like that, and he would have to pull you over and record details etc. Its not something that "gets done in the post". I reckon its just a warning type thing.

Our dual carraigeway got changed from 60 to 50, and i was still doing 65 in it. Got flashed by the car, and as i pulled over he just drove past.

Chances are its just a warning. But alot of police are idiots, they seem to drive up bumper to bumper with me alot, and tbh it just makes u want to go faster to get further from the car behind.

I wouldnt worry about it

You don't need 2 officers in England or Wales, it's Scottish police that need corroboration. If you are stopped for any general matter by police you'd either get a warning (with a very stern lecture during which you look at the ground and humbly say 'yes officer' thanking your lucky stars you're effectively getting away with it), a fixed penalty notice or they will tell you that you're being reported for summons.

I'm not sure where the 2 officer thing comes from. Cases regularly go to court when it's purely one word against another. It's down to the verdict of the magistrates or jury. However with speeding there would USUALLY be some supporting evidence ie radar/video. I say 'usually' as it's not a requirement.