BMW 335 DCT

taffyjason

hi, i actualy work for bmw and yes the dct gearbox is amazing and transforms the cars performance these can run a safe 400hp and will out run alot off motors. but i still went for the zed as i know how unreliable germans cars are. as ifix em daily.its like a sly n sleek m3 once at 400hp

A standard 335i isn't much quicker than a DE Z, once remapped and few other supporting mods however and you'll breeze past an E9x M3

Boring cars though tbh, get good kicks out of it when you first get it then the novelty soon wears off. For a eventful drive it would be the Z or something similiar everytime over the BMW for me

A standard 335i isn't much quicker than a DE Z, once remapped and few other supporting mods however and you'll breeze past an E9x M3

Boring cars though tbh, get good kicks out of it when you first get it then the novelty soon wears off. For a eventful drive it would be the Z or something similiar everytime over the BMW for me

They are good on fuel though. Inside is alot nicer to be and they can look pretty cool.

I find the Z a nicer place to be in terms of comfort, driving position and layout but the materials in the BMW are slightly better, not a million miles away though imo trims and leather are scratched very easily in the modem bmws whereas the Z's leather doesn't seem to be quite so fragile but the plastics do seem a little easy to scratch

Disagree, a standard 335i will hit 100mph in just over 12 seconds. A DE Zed is just over 14 seconds. I appreciate its only 2 seconds but that is a pretty big performance gap.

Not much faster really, certainly not in the real world. Testament to the Z while still modern can still mix it with much newer performance technology.

An interesting race would be between a remapped 335i and a remapped 335d, the diesel version is extremely punchy while the petrol likes to hang on to the revs. Would be a close call I reckon

Yeah i read that about the earlier versions, but been reading into post 2009/10 models, seems there isnt a bad thing to say about them...but they havent been around long.

I am kinda tempted with the new Z4...but im not sure the world wants to see a ugly baldy driving about getting sun burned!

Yeah i read that about the earlier versions, but been reading into post 2009/10 models, seems there isnt a bad thing to say about them...but they havent been around long.

I am kinda tempted with the new Z4...but im not sure the world wants to see a ugly baldy driving about getting sun burned!

Ive test drove the z4 sdrive 20i, 28i and 35i in the last month. All are great cars. The z4 20i and the 28i are exactly the same car apart from the engine map. In fact they have brought out a z4 18i as of march with the lci. All 3 cars are identical, just that the z4 18i and z4 20i are detuned z4 28i.

The 35i is awesome but theres also a 35is which is in place of the z4 M!

I ended up buying a 2009 z4 2.5i. I'm loving it so far and it's great on fuel!

Test drove the 335i DCT today, i was once an auto sceptic...utterly converted to paddle shifting ! the changes are lightning quick....the car has two very different characters, in normal auto mode its lazy and smooth, with Sport mode and semi auto its a monster, i thought the Zed was quick, the torque low down is immense.

The only thing i didnt like was the seats seem to lack lower support...but maybe they are adjustable and its a bit too quiet in the cabin...when i changed gear i had to check the digital readout to see what gear i was in....a sports zorst should solve that...the toys are pretty amazing too, the auto seat-belt extender is a little OTT though!

Just waiting to have the finance confirmed....then hopefully mine. I think my zed was upset on the way back, kept giving me static shocks...