Budget conscious speaker/amp upgrade

RobPhoboS

Hey guys, I contacted a company regarding one of their products as I couldn't see specs for pre-outs.

I had this reply but I'm still slightly confused :D

Comes with the standard ISO cable and RCA cable .

There are four speaker wires ,one amp control wire and one sub wire in the ISO cable .

There are four AMP output cables and one video input ,two audio outputs and two inputs in the RCA cable.

So does that sound like 4 pre-outs ?

It could still work if you wire the bose into the speaker outputs instead of using the preouts, then usually the rear pre out can be changed to a sub one that can control a future additional sub. If you want to amp and replace all the speakers then 3 pre outs would be best.

• 1 month later...

So I'm thinking of upgrading the stereo next week - either of these seem ok, although lacking microSD card input which is annoying.

Kenwood DDX3021

JVC KW-AV50

Very similar spec I think (?) - any thoughts ? (I know Olliecrx recommended the kenwood :) )

My current setup is :

Alpine W505 double din

JL Audio XR front components

Bazooka tube

The tube was already fitted...

Reminds me, I got an 8" Bazooka tube somewhere, might give it a good clean and put it behind the seats/in front of the boot strut area, as I hardly ever use that space

My current setup is :

Alpine W505 double din

Bazooka tube

Reminds me, I got an 8" Bazooka tube somewhere, might give it a good clean and put it behind the seats/in front of the boot strut area, as I hardly ever use that space

If you have a tonneau like I do it is even less used, occasionally I put my coat there but then it is awkward to get out!

I had planned to fit my sub there but a combination of not actually measuring and being a tool meant that it would never fit there :blush:

My current setup is :

Alpine W505 double din

Bazooka tube

If you have a tonneau like I do it is even less used, occasionally I put my coat there but then it is awkward to get out!

I had planned to fit my sub there but a combination of not actually measuring and being a tool meant that it would never fit there :blush:

Yeah, I do have a tonneau, OEM one too.

Lol, you didn't measure? No way would that monster flat sub fit in there, haha

My current setup is :

Alpine W505 double din

Bazooka tube

Yeah, I do have a tonneau, OEM one too.

Lol, you didn't measure? No way would that monster flat sub fit in there, haha

It looked smaller in the pictures....

Then it arrived :lol:

c57a07cc.jpg