Resealing light units

docwra

Seems my slightly leaky headlight has killed another ballast, where is best to get them resealed these days? Husky stopped doing it didnt he??

Before anyone suggests it Ive already PM'd Zmanalex to get another one ........ again :wacko:

Seems my slightly leaky headlight has killed another ballast, where is best to get them resealed these days? Husky stopped doing it didnt he??

Before anyone suggests it Ive already PM'd Zmanalex to get another one ........ again :wacko:

I'd do this myself if i were you.

From experience the best thing i've used to seal lights with is actually glue from a hot melt glue gun. Put a bead all the way round the join and then smooth it over with your finger, and then dip the light in a bucket of water and watch for any tiny air bubbles escaping. If there are bubbles, you'll need to re-glue that bit.

Mate, I have the hands of a scarecrow when it comes to this type of thing - I vowed never to do anything remotely fiddly or mechanical after I managed to blow a head gasket a while back WITHOUT EVEN MOVING THE CAR B)

Seriously, Id try and be looking for a new light unit, and probably a full set of clothes, a dining room table and the fire brigade will get called out at some point :lol: