Anodised Radiator Cooling Panels

ironhide

Anybody else have the V2 bumper and fitting issues with this panel?

Where the panel sits on the front the V2 is "lipped" upwards so the anodised panel raises toward the engine bay.No chance of closing the bonnet!

I have tried slipping it under the lip of the bumper which makes it sit flat but obviously it doesnt look quite as good.

I also need to try to move the latch as described above.

If I get no joy,the panel will be up for grabs.

I think i have the same lip on my V1 so it raises the panel slightly towards the rear?

I found that with the bonnet latch down, it held it into place really well. Also my 6 poppers are really tight so hold it in there very well... are yours a snug fit or are they a bit loose?

Lastly i did adjust my bonnet catch, but even had to lower it slightly after first moving it as it was about 3mm too high.

This ain't sounding too good for me with my INGs bumper (probably angled up slightly at the back) and seibon bonnet, which required careful setting of the bonnet catch. I will give it a shot tomorrow if its nice weather. Fingers crossed it fits.

Yeah,the poppers are a good fit.

I couldnt even close the bonnet at all.

There was a good 10-15mm gap between panel and plastic radiator cover.

The boonet was bouncing on the top of the anodised panel when trying to close it.

Shame,cuz it looks really good!

Edited by stanzed

Can you post a photo? Can you not trim the bit that rises, you won't see it as the panel will cover it. Try moving the latch at least the bonnet will shut then.

This panel was designed for the OEM bumper but has fitted no problems on a V1 and Other aftermarket bumpers.

Hope that helps.

Chris