....You want an MY07 model.............???

get12

Dagnabbit why do manufactuers do that, if I want a red car with orange seats, wtf can't I have it? Getting fashion advice from the company responsible for Quasssshhhiii or whatever the stupid thing is called yanks my chain :rant:

But yeah they seem to have gone for a totally Orange approach this time a la Focus ST

Also, how boring is that range of colours...... no wonder everyone is depressed in this country when you got to buy a (upto) 30K sports car and the majority of colours are all darkk....... ffs..... I mean, live a little.

What about the White, yellows, etc....... crap range of colours that!

At least the Azure was classy bright (yeah know I'm biased!) but the majority of them are dark colours and most variations on grey and black!

:yawn:

So Gunmetal is now Twilight grey?

And have they dropped Azure? Thats not all the colours is it?

But I do wanna see the orange up close....... ;)

Twilight grey is apparently much darker than GM.

Can't believe they've dropped Azure though!

That must be one of the most popular colours!

Must be cos its very prone to stone chips eh? :dry:

.....I decided on an MY06 Azure - got the last one in the UK 3 days ago. Why did I not go for MY07? Well I saved myself about 2k going 06 - I could not justify spending that 2k on a car which tbh has not changed significantly to warrant the extra outlay - but I also know I will loose that 2k on residuals when I come to sell in xx years time :thumbdown:

But what caught my eye Jacko is the comment you made on stone chips - I had an 03 gunmetal a year ago and was not that worried - does the Azure show up chips more, and if so paint protection film should be a must have???

G

.....I decided on an MY06 Azure - got the last one in the UK 3 days ago. Why did I not go for MY07? Well I saved myself about 2k going 06 - I could not justify spending that 2k on a car which tbh has not changed significantly to warrant the extra outlay - but I also know I will loose that 2k on residuals when I come to sell in xx years time :thumbdown:

But what caught my eye Jacko is the comment you made on stone chips - I had an 03 gunmetal a year ago and was not that worried - does the Azure show up chips more, and if so paint protection film should be a must have???

G

Paint protection a MUST have on any 350z imo, after 2yrs of ownership my bonnet is absolutely peppered with stone chips :thumbdown: it'll be the first thing I do to my next one

In my opinion the chips show up a LOT on the azure (they did on mine anyway), and any darker colour to be fair - the yellow is not to bad, but its still chips - you just cant see them at the same distance you can on the Azure.

If you are taking delivery or have taken delivery of a new azure - I would certainly go for paint protection - if I got a new one, as above, it would be the first thing I did.

G

Simply put. its a must!

And don't forget to use your forum discount with paintshield! :thumbs:

In my opinion the chips show up a LOT on the azure (they did on mine anyway), and any darker colour to be fair - the yellow is not to bad, but its still chips - you just cant see them at the same distance you can on the Azure.

If you are taking delivery or have taken delivery of a new azure - I would certainly go for paint protection - if I got a new one, as above, it would be the first thing I did.

.....anyone you would recommend???

...sorry just saw Jacko's reply - Paintshield then?!

Guest prescience

Agreed. The peace of mind when you do this makes it well worth the outlay. Full bonnet is now possible (wasn't when I had mine done) and I would recommend the whole works :D

Most of the people on here go here.....

http://www.paintshield.co.uk

See this page about discounts

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1980

;)

Basically you just PM one of the mods on here for details. But in this case, I'll just PM you the details now......

:D

Basically you just PM one of the mods on here for details. But in this case, I'll just PM you the details now......

Cheers Jacko :thumbs:

Wow - spoken to Tom - thats a lot of money!!!!! :scare:

Maybe, but trust me for peace of mind and also, resale and the cost of a full respray its definitely worth it!

I know from experience, as my Azure looks like its been stood in front of a firing squad! :headhurt:

its not that cheap, but the expense is worth it. You only have to look at a car thats had it vs one thats not...... :surrender:

Maybe, but trust me for peace of mind and also, resale and the cost of a full respray its definitely worth it!

I know from experience, as my Azure looks like its been stood in front of a firing squad! :headhurt:

its not that cheap, but the expense is worth it. You only have to look at a car thats had it vs one thats not...... :surrender:

Should've bought a Blade! :thumbs::p

I can't understand why they're so dull. Its hardly a car for the shy and retiring! B)

BTW I understand the blue roof on the Roadster is no more but you can have a grey roof if you spec the frost seats.