De-squirrelled avatar

Ricey

No you're right and now I feel guilty, however, I'm sure that squirrel was fine. They're quite agile little critters!

Don't be lame! The squirrel probably went back for more because it was having such an aswesome time!

Not much can be said for the dogs little friend though I'm afraid.

He's not being lame. The difference between dogs is they don't make choices about right and wrong - they follow their instincts. People can make choices not to be unkind to animals for entertainment. Yes the squirrel probably didn't suffer any lasting harm, but that's not really the point.

No you're right and now I feel guilty, however, I'm sure that squirrel was fine. They're quite agile little critters!

Don't be lame! The squirrel probably went back for more because it was having such an aswesome time!

Not much can be said for the dogs little friend though I'm afraid.

He's not being lame. The difference between dogs is they don't make choices about right and wrong - they follow their instincts. People can make choices not to be unkind to animals for entertainment. Yes the squirrel probably didn't suffer any lasting harm, but that's not really the point.

The pictures were taken from Google, if you want to write to the original owner of the image and tell him how upset you are about a Squirrel that got run over by a car and picked up by a dog, then please do so.

Jesus, every forum has a boring old fart!

Hopefully Ricey or anyone else but yourself doesnt take offence... If they do then I dont apologise.

If you'd read my post properly you'd have seen that I was objecting to the squirrel clip, not the picture of the dog doing what dogs do. And if you equate being anti-cruelty with being "a boring old fart" then I doubt we'd ever see eye to eye, so best just leave it there.

If you'd read my post properly you'd have seen that I was objecting to the squirrel clip, not the picture of the dog doing what dogs do. And if you equate being anti-cruelty with being "a boring old fart" then I doubt we'd ever see eye to eye, so best just leave it there.

You know squirells were born to fly though right?

flying_squirrel.jpg

Yea ok, so I misread about the pictures/video, my apologies!

Just playing devils advocate here but I'm sure all of us at some point have watched you've been framed or its similar based drivel derivatives and pi**ed our selves at others mis-fortune. Including the squirrels that often appear.

Who says it was set up for them, truth is it was captured ( like everything is nowadays as I've just found out :p ) and the vid does make you laugh in the same way watching some plank take a face plant.

I do like animals, and I don't wish them harm but I did also laugh when I saw it

Just playing devils advocate here but I'm sure all of us at some point have watched you've been framed or its similar based drivel derivatives and pi**ed our selves at others mis-fortune. Including the squirrels that often appear.

Who says it was set up for them, truth is it was captured ( like everything is nowadays as I've just found out :p ) and the vid does make you laugh in the same way watching some plank take a face plant.

I do like animals, and I don't wish them harm but I did also laugh when I saw it

Amen.

I do indeed laugh when animals do funny stuff on TV etc but those clips are usually not of people catapulting animals around for fun. What concerns me about that particular clip is that an animal (be it a squirrel, cat, dog etc) is lured into a position where it could (not necessarily does, but could) get hurt, scared etc for entertainment purposes. It just doesn't sit well with me because I care about animals. And I'm happy to take all the criticism that comes my way (boring, wimp, hippie etc etc) for saying so. :p