Sound proofing / deadening - how much will I need?

elrao

Guys

Considering adding some "dynamat" type material to my car, as the exhaust is very loud inside (Nismo), which I like - just not all the time! As I am also replacing all the speakers etc. then it makes sense to do it at the same time!

Anyone done their boot / doors etc., can you give me an indication of the sq. ft needed for each area?

Also, is it worth the few extra quid for dynamat or are there any other decent brands / suppliers that people would recommend?

Thanks

All comes down to how much you want to spend. You could easily use the following

1 Pack Dynamat Ex. in each door

3/4 Packs Dynamat Ex. in the boot

3/4 Packs Dynamat Ex. in the glove box/ sub box area

If you are sticking the sound deadedning on anywhere with moving parts round it IMO its work the money for Dynamat Extreme etc as they do not suffer from heat as much. If it falls off and touches the window it makes a really mess.

Four also do some very good matting.

For places like the boot floor a couple layers of the budget stuff will probably do about the similar job

As long as you drive at legal speeds there is no noise issue ;)

And I wouldnt go driving to Le Mans at high speeds when there is something big going. French police will be waiting for you ;)

We were lucky last year, only saw the police once - albeit as we were doing 115 urm "kph"! ;)

A short heart attack later and some heavy braking, we cruised past them and got a finger pointed at us. A couple of miles of looking in the rear view mirror, waiting to see a police bike and nothing. We were very lucky!

Although was speaking to the driver of a Vanquish S, who was clocked at 172, got a 70 Euro fine!

It is loud well before you reach the speed limit!

Hint

There also is 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear on your car :teeth::p

Believe me, by the time you get to about 3000 rpm it is loud! Supercharger, kinetix plenum and cats, nismo exhaust....

Hint

Believe me, by the time you get to about 3000 rpm it is loud! Supercharger, kinetix plenum and cats, nismo exhaust....

Time to back down now, Elrao's isn't your common or garden Zed! ;)

Hint

oooo kay :p

Seems like more than enough power to tow some extra dynamat weight around then B)