Supagard from Nissan

davegti

Whilst Discussing my purchase the salesman suggested that i have their Supagard protection for the whole car. It costs around £300.

Wondered whether or not anybody else has had this and if so whether it was worth it?

Failing that any other good products out there for long term protection?

:wiggle::wiggle:

Guest prescience

For paint protection armourfend (www.paintshield.co.uk) both do 3M strips which attach to the typically vulnerable areas.

Such solutions are used on many high-performance cars to protect agaisnt stone chipping. For the full works reckon on about £600; or £300 for reduced areas.

Well worth it IMHO for the piece of mind :)

I had my Z's bonnet, front bumper, wing mirrors and side skirts covered with PPF from Paintshield.

Here's their site http://www.xpeleu.com/. They are a national installer and can visit your dealer to have the PPF kit fitted. Alternatively you can visit them direct. Ask for Tom.....mention this site and you might even get a discount :teeth:

Guest prescience

No that's correct - but in the past, this has been identified as an aide to avoid stone chipping, so that's why I made my remarks.

In terms of car protection from detailing only point of view, I prefer Zaino above all others.

Thanks for all your responses fellas :thumbs:

I'm looking into the clear 3m strips for protection then, i'm thinking this would surely provide tougher protection than any polish or wax. B)

Has anyone attempted to fit these themselves or would i be better off paying for it?

Guest prescience

i think its an expert job TBH. You might be able to do it, but you'd need them cut correctly properly anyway and if you muck it up ......

The professionals don't always get it right first go either.

And yes, much better than polish/wax but they do leave a somewhat visible line on the bonnet. No-one has gone the whole bonnet route AFAIK as it would be very expensive

I can send you original quote from AF if you PM me e-mail

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My local Nissan dealer is hard selling Autosmart Silver Seal with new Z. My instinctive reaction is not to touch it with a barge pole, and I suspect same comments made above about Supaguard apply here.

Would anyone care to enlighten me further?

I just gave my beauty a good buffing... but I'm all disappointed because her front bumper is looking a bit haggard after 6k miles :angry:

What are the chances of getting the front bumper paintwork sorted - from a distance (few feet) it looks as gorgeous as ever :p but up close and personal it's a different story.

I'm talking about my Z here, of course :headhurt:

Doesn't the Supaguard offer some warranty protection on the paint then?

Surely if you have small scratches from washing or similar this should be taken care of by this "insurance" product?

Seems a lot of dosh for what is no more than a wax.

Alas the paint on the Z is noted as not being the best in the world.

Its probably a combination of thin/weak paint and the fact that the Z's front is quite flat, making it more prone to full on hits from stones/gravel rather than them being drawn up the car due to the rake of the front. (try finding as many stone chips on a ford probe or honda aerodeck)

To be honest many have said that the paint on tha Z is rubbish, but I also have a MK4 Golf, and the paint on that is crap too. Chips very easily, even on the bonnet. The Golf is silver though, so the chips do not stand out any where near as much as they do on the Z.

I would assume most cars using new water based (cheaper) paints will suffer similar strength issues. Just that the profile of the Z make it more prone than other cars.

As I have just recently found a lovely door bang and scratch on the side of my Z, Ill be looking to get chips/dents away out to do that and the whole front end before investing in some protection film.

And yes, much better than polish/wax but they do leave a somewhat visible line on the bonnet. No-one has gone the whole bonnet route AFAIK as it would be very expensive

I can send you original quote from AF if you PM me e-mail

Well you see its like this we have done it see pic attached and we are prepared to do it for the Z and I will offer a deal to an existing customer to be the first.

Here is a pic of our tech demonstrator with full Bonnet AND full wings :)