Uk lights on JDM

Shaun1982

TBH, I think Alex is the best man to ask about this, but I don't see why it's not just a matter of changing the connectors. However, you can't buy the connectors on their own, you have to get the whole loom which is quite pricey when all you actually need is one connector from it.

I had a situation where the previous owner had done a botch job repairing the O/S headlamp on my UK, where the ballast had got soaked and it was replaced by one of those chinese HID kits that you can buy for any car. In doing so they chopped off the connector and I had to source a new one from Alex, only to be told I had to buy the whole loom if I wanted to put it back to OEM ballast like it should have been done in the first place. Had to be done though! Infact, it probably cost the previous own more to get this done that to just buy a ballast for £90 online :shrug:

Sounds like this is going to be expensive then. As I said before I really want to run hids like my last zed

Sorry I didn't mean it's going to cost a fortune, just more than the £2 a wee clip like that should cost. I'm sure if you ask Alex he'll have a loom lying about that you need.

Lol it's ok mate, I'm still expecting it to be a fair few hundred quid anyway. Just found a new passenger light from Nissan on eBay. £700 odd though :o

We'll I think you'll need 2 looms for the clips, 2 ballasts and bulbs, 300 should do it. I have an extra ballast here but it's untested but with no reason to assume it doesn't work. Won't be up for sale until I sort another part out though.

Ah the JDM don't have the gap for the ballast on the bottom?

I think it's just one and it's located near the rear p/s wheel, but might be wrong. Technically you'll also need headlight washers too to be completely legal

There are 2 main wiring block connector types.

One is a 6 pin and the other 8 pin.

8 pin has self leveling and the 6 pin configuration does not.

JDM models are predominantly 6 pin.

You can fit 8 pin headlamps to the 6 pin wiring loom, however you will have to alter the wiring, however you will not have self leveling as the 6 pin cars do not have the leveling device which is located on the rear subframe.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX