Tailpipes - Steel Wool & Autosol

Ceejay29

Decided to tackle the stainless steel exhaust tips this morning….or lack of them. I don’t think they have ever been cleaned before! I find Scoripion’s slash-cut style tailpipe aesthetically disappointing (although it sounds nice), they do not protrude out from the bumper much, consequently they hard to depict. So I spent around an hour on them, using a wet cloth, steel wool and Autosol metal polish….both bought from ebay, totaling under £5. The wire wool and polish cut through the contamination really well, the inner face of the pipes were harder, but it has made a huge difference.

A few before and after:

1BeforeR_zpsd889235f.jpg

2AfterR_zps37f7e983.jpg

3BeforeL_zps6c7652ed.jpg

4AfterL_zps61aa6f89.jpg

6After_zpsd89759b3.jpg

5After_zps519caa60.jpg

I also decided to address a slight yellow haze towards the top of both headlights. I read online that using regular toothpaste helps to remove oxidisation, so I gave it a go. Simply added a small amount to a dry cloth and rubbed in, thoroughly rinsing the area afterwards.

A few before and after:

7Before_zps78d3707e.jpg

8Before_zps7bf70b22.jpg

9After_zps322b06eb.jpg

Next step is to wash the car!

Just had a look at a bumper tuck, new to me, and potentially something else to add to the ever-growing list......damn this forum!! I think I would go for one if I had a different exhaust system, I am not sure if it would look right with the back box exposed. I am definitely sold by tez162003 gunmetal post though.....wow! (Apologies if it is bad etiquette to mention a member)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62258-show-me-your-a/page__st__20